Which 727 master rebuild kit and valve body for 470 stroker ?

-

73dart360

Reaction score
70 Dart 470 stroker with trick flow heads Street car, is there a master rebuild kit for a 727 that is better than stock , this is a column shift ,I also need a (Non manual valve body) any suggestions.

470.jpg

Last edited:
A lot will depend on how hard and how often you're going to beat on it.
You don't want a manual valve body, so my suggestion is to put in a Transgo TF-2 shift kit in it. Probably the best kit for it.
Parts wise, if you're beating on it on a regular basis go with Alto red friction plates and Kolene steel plates. Otherwise, if it was mine, I'd use Raybestos waffle friction plates and normal steels. This setup seemed to work behind the 440's and hemi's quite well. Continuing on, new bushings, new washers, HD sprag race, new rear band, and the high energy flex band that is used in the A518/618 transmissions. Replace the rear clutch return spring and the rear clutch plastic piston spacer. The spring is prone to cracking and the spacer just for good measure. Both Superior and Sonnax make a new reverse servo piston so replace the factory one. I'd look closely at the output shaft ball bearing and maybe to be on the safe side, just replace it. Don't fret about the overhaul gasket and seal kit, as no matter what is says on the packaging, there are only a couple of companies that actually make them. Check with Cope Transmissions and they should be able to set you up. Hope this helps.

A lot will depend on how hard and how often you're going to beat on it.
You don't want a manual valve body, so my suggestion is to put in a Transgo TF-2 shift kit in it. Probably the best kit for it.
Parts wise, if you're beating on it on a regular basis go with Alto red friction plates and Kolene steel plates. Otherwise, if it was mine, I'd use Raybestos waffle friction plates and normal steels. This setup seemed to work behind the 440's and hemi's quite well. Continuing on, new bushings, new washers, HD sprag race, new rear band, and the high energy flex band that is used in the A518/618 transmissions. Replace the rear clutch return spring and the rear clutch plastic piston spacer. The spring is prone to cracking and the spacer just for good measure. Both Superior and Sonnax make a new reverse servo piston so replace the factory one. I'd look closely at the output shaft ball bearing and maybe to be on the safe side, just replace it. Don't fret about the overhaul gasket and seal kit, as no matter what is says on the packaging, there are only a couple of companies that actually make them. Check with Cope Transmissions and they should be able to set you up. Hope this helps.
Transman thank you for the input ,I will call them tomorrow

-
Back