Which automatic

-
To quote myself again... "I may quote myself again "Anyway, I would buy what ever is most available/ cheapest to you..and what you are most comfortable with...".
Hmm, well I don't know if that's the best advice give to someone who may not know what they want in the first place...

It's too bad this thread turned into an argument. I was really looking for some information. Shame shame shame.

It's too bad this thread turned into an argument. I was really looking for some information. Shame shame shame.

yup always have people spoiling it for everyone else....

Hmm, well I don't know if that's the best advice give to someone who may not know what they want in the first place...

Bak,

Highflyer has not given us enough information to make an informed decision ...

What do you need to hear ?

There are enough positive arguments for either trans...

OK..for all intents and purposes, the 727 trans is the best,,,,that is the trans Chrysler used...

Highflyer HAS to do their own research and I hope that this one question on this site is not going to decide for him...

Bak,

Highflyer has not given us enough information to make an informed decision ...
That, was my point in the first place... and now your just repeating what I've said..
Your a funny guy...

I think after this, I'm gonna use the 727 behind everything just to piss people off.

That gate swings both ways......some of you guys on this forum some days?? Honestly.....what in the hell makes YOU right? Because YOU say you are?? Ever hear of opinions?? Aint no way in hell I would put a used convertor in my car......unless it came form another one of mine.....maybe you enjoy pulling transmissions out on your back but I sure as hell don't. In the grand scheme of building a hot rod what in the hell is another few hundred bucks on a convertor? And then there is always the issue of getting one built for YOUR combination...but hey......lets all be cheap bastards and then complain when the car does not perform like it should because you saved a whole couple hundred bucks.....

I agree 100%.
But then again, some people will go to any lengths to save a buck.
Some people will reuse a 25 year old brake hose or buy a 40 year old gas tank then be pissed off if it doesn't work. :wack:

lo, either 727 or 904 will work. Get what fits your budget and is available. Both trans were avail in heavy duty..

Hey..."I'm a funny guy..."

I see there is another 727 thread going now.....I can hear them asking you to post...

I would, but I'm too busy fitting a 727 to my 101HP slant 6.

I would, but I'm too busy fitting a 727 to my 101HP slant 6.

Shouldn't be difficult for you...Chrysler did it all the time... but rather than putting in the effort and time, ..just buy one already connected...

Shouldn't be difficult for you...Chrysler did it all the time... but rather than putting in the effort and time, ..just buy one already connected...
Well, after fitting it , I'm now unsure of it's durability under my slant 6 aplication. My buddy has an Alison transmission out of a Greyhound bus he said should do the trick. Once he finnisnes collecting shopping trollies at Walmart I'll go over to his place and get it.
I'll let you know if I need a hand fitting it, you can help me bend up some cooler lines.

.....oooooooh, I don't know....you seem to know soooo much .....do you think that Alison with handle a turbo ??? ...but you must ! ...you see to have all the answers and I am still a student so I think I will stick with those folks that don't... it is more fun learning together..

.....oooooooh, I don't know....you seem to know soooo much .....do you think that Alison with handle a turbo ??? ...but you must ! ...you see to have all the answers and I am still a student so I think I will stick with those folks that don't... it is more fun learning together..
That's a strange reply from someone who obviously comes here looking for answers from members who have more experience.
Or do you come here looking for answers from members who have no experience?

-
Back