Which brace is driver side and which is Passenger?

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Can't remember which side is which? Maybe when I get the tranny bolted to the engine I will "remember'? mean time...driving me a little stir crazy!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

here is a generic shot of the braces... which one is the driver side brace/bracket?

Mahalo!!!!!

Attachments

• brace.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 107
Hey Mike,
I always mark and or take a pic of things like this before I take them apart. I know, I know,that doesn't help you now. I'm guessing longer one,driver side.

Having said that,once you get the motor in,it will all come clear.

Hang loose brotha.....:D

I know I know.... I was and did take pics... But apparently in my haste... I missed this one. Ugh...been marking all my bolts, wires, parts...screwed the pooch on this one.

Oh and mahalo JD!

I had the same question on my 65 273, but finally found the sketch I made a year before when I removed them. If not obvious when you try, ask again and I'll go look. Yours look nice. I sprayed mine with clear epoxy rattle can after removing rust, as yours appear.

Mahalo Bill! I plan on dropping the engine and tranny in this Saturday. Just want to get all my ducks in a row. Got the 66 FSM, Mopar small block rebuild book, rebuilt 273, 904, PS pump, alt, steering gear, Doug's headers (my biggest worry). Several friends and warm beer.

Warm Beer? Yeah none of them "friends" can drink until the engine is secure!!!!

Mahalo

Oh yeah. Those are pics I found online. But I did exactly what you did. But I think they are suppose to be the gold anodize (phosphate) heck,idk...from factory. Black is fine by me. Doubt I'll see them with the headers installed.

Right one is for the dr. side. Those little notches are clearance notches for the cooler lines. Naturally that means the other is the pass side.

-
Back