Which intake manifold gasket would you use???

-
I personally had better luck,with the Mr Gasket product, out of those two. Both work well,just preference on my part. One thing, you didn't mention: metallurgy. My references are to,aluminum intake & cast iron heads.

I personally had better luck,with the Mr Gasket product, out of those two. Both work well,just preference on my part. One thing, you didn't mention: metallurgy. My references are to,aluminum intake & cast iron heads.

Yes, aluminum intake and iron heads.

stock exhaust manifold with heat riser might burn through gasket . is it a street car ? and does your intake have a heated crossover?

It does have the heat crossover. I am using headers. I didn't think about the heat crossover. I need that for the choke.

I ran the edelbrock gasket with iron heads and it did it's job. I had a small leak at the back but that's from not enough rtv. I'm going to Eddie heads now with my performer rpm. I'm trying to find the best gasket now too.

I have used both of those gaskets you listed, and they both work fine. Just remember to toss the end seals and lay down a bead of silicon instead.

I have used both of those gaskets you listed, and they both work fine. Just remember to toss the end seals and lay down a bead of silicon instead.

Definitely. I won't even use those on a stock iron intake.

I had to rethink the gaskets. The gaskets I linked don't have the opening for the heat crossover. I am looking at the edelbrock gaskets now. They have the extra sealant around the passages like the others and they also have the center hole for the heat crossover.

-
Back