Which k member is this?

-

kennethjohn09

Reaction score
Just picked up my 74 dart just wondering which k member is this?

IMG_4876.jpeg

it's been modified, that much is for sure.

73~76 K's have towers for the spool style mounts.
67~72 K's have pads for the flat mounts.

that has the pad style mounts, but they're in the wrong place. the mount is supposed to be in front of the steering box mount. and it looks like it was torched off.

there also appears to be holes for sway bar mounts on the forward lip.

my guess is that it's a 67~72 K that's been modified.

let's see some pics with out the mounts.

no steering box mount, b/e body mounts. someone butchered the hell out of that thing.
the steering box mount is still there, it's just obscured by the "new" location of the motor mount.

agreed, somebody went full ham on that thing. i wonder what they were trying to accomplish? diy modern hemi mounts? cuz none of that comes remotely close to LA or B motor locations

I talked to the previous owner he said he modified it for big block mopar. But im just gonna toss this away. Im doing a gen 3 hemi swap i would just go with the qa1

the steering box mount is still there, it's just obscured by the "new" location of the motor mount.

agreed, somebody went full ham on that thing. i wonder what they were trying to accomplish? diy modern hemi mounts? cuz none of that comes remotely close to LA or B motor locations
Yeah i was so confused. Im new to a bodies, just recently bought 73 duster and i got a hemi for that

He said it was for small block and he modified it for big block. Just dont know if this can support any engine at this point
i'd call that sus AF. to fix it right you'd need some pretty decent fab skills and experience with building motor mounts for swaps. even to put it back to stock you'd some welding skill and the critical measurements (or like one to set side by side and copy).

which, i don't know why you'd go thru the trouble when there's k's floating around out there and swap kits or aftermarket k's specifically set up for those motors.

@Jim Lusk is a member here who's very knowledgeable on these K's and could probably repair it or at least give you an idea if it's trash or not.

He said it was for small block and he modified it for big block. Just dont know if this can support any engine at this point

Well it sounds like you had the answer to your original question of what k frame is this....

I think your question should have been that you have a modified k frame to supposedly hold a big block and should it be trusted. To that, the general consensus is probably "no".

-
Back