Which Stroker Pistons?

-

71DartGuy

Reaction score
All right guys. I'm getting a little closer to buying some pistons for the 408. I will be running a cast Eagle (4 inch) crank, stock rods, and magnum heads. I havent CC'd them yet to determine exact chamber size but will soon. What piston are you guys running and what kind of compression? I would like to have something that will go in without any machining on the pistons or the deck. Thanks for the help!

J & E custom set for my combination. Mine are flat tops 18 thousands out of the hole with bevels along edge for head clearance on my W-2 heads. This give me close to 13 to 1 compression. I have a 3.79 stroke crank. I would never use Ross or even recommend then to my worst enemy.

Excellent. Thanks for that info. Do the 745's sit at zero deck without machining or is that something I need to have the machine shop do?

Excellent. Thanks for that info. Do the 745's sit at zero deck without machining or is that something I need to have the machine shop do?

I believe the machine shop took .010" off or something like that to get them to zero deck. My deck was shaved to 9.588" to get zero deck.

Deck Height = 1/2 crank throw + rod length + compression height

2" + 6.123 + 1.465 = 9.588"

I believe the machine shop took .010" off or something like that to get them to zero deck. My deck was shaved to 9.588" to get zero deck.

Deck Height = 1/2 crank throw + rod length + compression height

2" + 6.123 + 1.465 = 9.588"

Thanks, I actually did that calculation just after I posted this question. I guess all they need to do is verify that I do have a 9.588" deck height. Thanks again. For now, it looks like I will go with the 745's.

-
Back