White Performance HEI for Mopar!

-

jimbo

Reaction score
Yep, installed it today on my 65 Barracuda 340 combo. Gets around like nobodys business, a set of 2000 Durango plugwires to finish the job. Eliminated the ballast resistor, no MSD or orange box either, pretty slick setup if you ask me. Says you can open up your plugs to.045 or .050 for even better performance. I'm gonna have to get some wider tires as there are way too many black crayon marks around my neighborhood, sooner or later the local friendlys are gonna figure out where they are coming from!:bootysha:

:thefinge: :burnout:

Were did you get the kit from? All info on how to do this would help me thanks

Could you take a pic of that? How much room do you have between the firewall?
There is enuff room to slide a pencil between the firewall and the dist.

010.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

HEI is just a name given to the original GM electronic ignition system. It stands for High Energy Ignition. GM started using it in 74 or 75. The original GM HEI's packed a pretty good wallop but ran out of steam over 5000 rpm. It's kinda funny but when electronic ignition first came out at the first sign of trouble guys were yanking them and throwing them away and installing old point dist. Now everybody wants these very same distributors. The GM HEI is no better than a Mopar electronic. They all went flat above 5,000 rpm. You can upgrade either by replacing the module on the HEI and the control box on Mopars.

-
Back