Who does production #s on Mopars

-

71Demon

Reaction score
Got a Duster I'd like to know just how many were produced like it. Anyone know who can do this type of research? 1 0f ? Thanks

check on Mymopar.com. I seem to recall they had some numbers there. Otherwise you can contact Chrysler historical society and get what data they have. In my case 20 years ago my dad inquired about his 67 dart and they had convertible production numbers but not a breakdown of the different options.

Good luck

Car types with combinations of options were not recorded.

I did see on MyMopar it think that there were 12,866 340 Dusters made in 71. Mines a pretty rare combo I think. 71 340, inviolet, black callout stripes, black vinyl top, auto,console, bucket seat, air cond, power disc, power steering, hood pins, and fender turn signal lights.

Last edited:
We can narrow it down a bit more if you provide more information on the car. Duster is a pretty broad brush to paint.

VIN minus the last 6. Fender tag, engine,transmission. etc I don't believe there is any breakdown for colors and accessories.

V=Plymouth
S=special
29= 2 door sports hardtop
H= 340 4 barrel
1= 1971
B= Hamtramck Michigan built

12886 total Duster 340 Hard top
6213 attomatic transmission cars

May be someone will step in and decode your fender tag. I am ready to walk out the door. Good luck. Looks like a cool car as per the tag. Well optioned.

It’s a two fender tag car so lots of options on it. Where/how did you find it?

ON CLASSIC CARS.COM Yes I just had to buy it since I have seldomely seen a 340 Duster this highly optioned. i had a 71 Demon 340 optioned like this back in 1973 but have not seen one since (for sale or not). Most were ordered with speed in mind and not too many have I seen with factory ac,ps,pb, etc. This family has had this car since newand it only has 45k original miles. The guys father owned a chrysler dealership so it was a special order. It still has the Cragar mags that they put on it on day 2 after the delivery and still had the same 47 year old mickey thompson tires on it. Of course they had dry cracks in between the tread so i had to buy new ones for safety.Been stored since 1981. Its all #'s match, all original interior and when I got it home I pulled the build sheet out from the back seat springs. Unmolested under hood too with the original thermoquad and all.

V=Plymouth
S=special
29= 2 door sports hardtop
H= 340 4 barrel
1= 1971
B= Hamtramck Michigan built

12886 total Duster 340 Hard top
6213 attomatic transmission cars

May be someone will step in and decode your fender tag. I am ready to walk out the door. Good luck. Looks like a cool car as per the tag. Well optioned.
Thanks tool man

Here she is.....

IMG_3991.PNG

IMG_3993.PNG

IMG_3994.PNG

THAT purple and black suits that car beautifully!
Thanks Thats a pic of it with the 47 year old tires on it. Couldnt believe they were that old thought he was bs ing me.So I called mickey thompson and asked about the style of tire and he told me they hadnt made that particular style tire in over 40 yrs. The interior is all original too. Just hqd to replace the package tray. I was amazed at the condition.

-
Back