Who in 'ell gave Dod/Chry/Fia/Peugo/Merced/Diam/Stellantis permission to design and build Dakota pickups?? LOLOL

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
All I'm tryin to do is get this rolling frame junked enough to haul to the yard. Drain and remove the front diff, drain V6 and will plazma most the pan off, but I thought I'd keep the auto and transfer.

FIRST, the front dam' axle is bolted to a bunch of brackets, bolted to the ENGINE. Getting the starter off was bad enough.

Then there's the starter STUD, why do we need a STUD instead of a bolt? You cannot get the dust cover off without either removing the stud (difficult) or just bend up the dust cover? (easier)

BUT THEN with that apart, I Still cannot get to the converter bolts, so I said "screw it" and decided to yank the auto right off the rear of the converter. THE TRANS will not come off because the Y PIPE is in the road. THAT is where I left it tonight. Tomorrow I'll torch the stupid head pipes off.

And don't forget, you are forever trying to decide if you are dealing with metric or US bolts

Sell this stuff? These lazy jerks don't want anything unless it's free. Some jerk off up N of Bonners offered me FORTY FIVE DOLLARS for the "rolling frame" with engine and trans.

I’ve preferred working on that have lived their life in the desert. Our bolts come out :)

What year Dakota?

Getting ready to swap a 5.9 SMPI engine into my '91 Dakota and will have to do some of the same work.

You should be working on the 67.
I HAVE to get this thing outta here. Been sitting here taking up space and lookin ugly. I'm about ready to yard out the engine, turns out that our county requires a frame to be "at least" cut in half AND THE ENGINE OUT to make it "not a vehicle.

What year Dakota?

Getting ready to swap a 5.9 SMPI engine into my '91 Dakota and will have to do some of the same work.
Hi Dion, forget, 99-00 I think. I would bet a 91 is quite a bit different.

I know you ain't sposed to yard out the trans without removing the converter, But: I've had about enough of this LOL

IMG_2013.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

IMG_2016.JPG

IMG_2017.JPG

Sell this stuff? These lazy jerks don't want anything unless it's free. Some jerk off up N of Bonners offered me FORTY FIVE DOLLARS for the "rolling frame" with engine and trans.

The catalytic is worth a lot more than $45

-
Back