Who makes good Fiberglass parts?

-

Mrpatel

512Dart
Reaction score
Well sad to say, but today my friend rear ended a car in his 71 Blown Duster. We need to replace the front bumper and Pass side fender. Who makes good replacement glass parts?

IMG_2810.jpg

AAR has some good stuff.
I give them thumbs up on the parts I have seen.

Mopar Action put fenders on their Green Brick and complained about it not having mounting points done properly and alot of self fab to use it. that one may have been AAR so check before you buy.
http://www.moparaction.com/Article/Brick/GreenBrick.html

Showcars-Bodyparts not so much. marginal to poor workmanship on part I recieved.
https://post.complaints.com/post.php?followup=6&original_id=144912
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/third-gen-association-ontario/419231-showcarsbodyparts.html

Nothing to report on the other 2

I`ve got AAR parts ( fenders, hood, and header panel) on my Barracuda. The fit is very good and they have integrity ,they`re not the flimsy pieces that flop around with the engine. I would highly recommend AAR Fiberglass.

IM000649%20%28Small%29.JPG

I`ve got AAR parts ( fenders, hood, and header panel) on my Barracuda. The fit is very good and they have integrity ,they`re not the flimsy pieces that flop around with the engine. I would highly recommend AAR Fiberglass.
Wow. That front clip is fiberglass? Very impressive.

Thanks guys. Yeah, everybody who sees the car says the same thing, even right up close. Without touching them you really can`t tell they`re not steel. AAR makes really high quality fiberglass and I sing their praises whenever I can. 2shelbys, have you gotten the new metal hung on yours yet?

AAR front bumper $150.00 (Glasstek $180.00) AAR fender $400.00 (Glasstek not available). This is about what we had figured the pricing would come in at. Shipping looks to be the killer, due to size and sending to Ontario. I will suggest to him that he contact AAR for the replacements. Im not sure that I would put glass bumpers and fenders on my street car. He didn't hit the other car very hard, but because the lower front fender support was tied into the bumper bracket, it made a small hit into big damage. The other thing is, now because his paint job is several years old and is acyrlic enamal, we will have to "butt match" the purple metalic the door to the fender. Not always an easy go.

Longgone,

Your car is a beauty. I would never have guess that you have fiberglass fenders and hood.

I have heard that radio reception (AM or FM?) needs a ground wave reflection to assist with reception. Do you have any decreased radio reception with the glass front? I am seriously considering glass on the front of my '68 'Cuda to assist with weight with a 440.

Longgone,

Your car is a beauty. I would never have guess that you have fiberglass fenders and hood.

I have heard that radio reception (AM or FM?) needs a ground wave reflection to assist with reception. Do you have any decreased radio reception with the glass front? I am seriously considering glass on the front of my '68 'Cuda to assist with weight with a 440.

Yes I have run additional grounds on the antenna and sidemarker lights. I had read an article about the T/A Challenger and the move to put the antenna in the rear on those cars. The sidemarker light grounds were a necessity since the retaining nuts did not ground to the fenders. I simply soldered a wire to the nut and ran it to the chassis. I used the fiberglass to try to offset weight in the front too. I would not suggest using a fiberglass front lower valance though because there is no center support to connect to the radiator core support. The steel valance bolts to the core support and really helps to firm up everything there. I also reinstalled the fender braces on the inside of the wheelwells and added a rod from the front lower corner of each fender to the radiator core support, like the Darts have.

Thanks guys. Yeah, everybody who sees the car says the same thing, even right up close. Without touching them you really can`t tell they`re not steel. AAR makes really high quality fiberglass and I sing their praises whenever I can. 2shelbys, have you gotten the new metal hung on yours yet?
No, we came to the conclusion that the whole car is going to have to be painted so I am going full resto sometime after the holidays so it will be ready for spring.

Longgone,

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about the side marker light ground. I know the glass parts (fenders and hood) will cost a bundle, but using them will save me a bunch of time getting the steel fenders straight. Good info on the valance panel.

No, we came to the conclusion that the whole car is going to have to be painted so I am going full resto sometime after the holidays so it will be ready for spring.

Winter`s a good time to work here in the mid-atlantic region, as you know Summer is usually unbearable. Can`t wait to see it next spring.

Longgone,

Thanks for the info. I didn't even think about the side marker light ground. I know the glass parts (fenders and hood) will cost a bundle, but using them will save me a bunch of time getting the steel fenders straight. Good info on the valance panel.

You`re welcome, the fenders come with a nice gelcoat and they take very little to make them ready for paint and looking good.

LONG GONE nice b cuda man,, i didnt know aar made all that fiberglass fenders,,has any one checked VFN in ill lately ??

i would venture to say the 67 68 69 barracuda glass stuff is probably the best,,being that the super stock guys use that stuff,,

the yello duster and long gones car,, cant tell there is glass fenders,,very nice,, any one know the weight savings??

not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know where you can find a good fibreglass front and rear bumper for a 71 scamp?

-
Back