Who makes Plastic windshields?

-

RockinRobin

Reaction score
I need a plastic windshield for my '70 Duster drag car. I have no idea where to go to get one.

I bought a sheet of "Markalon" (or whatever they call it, really Lexan but different maker) from a local plastic supply house to replace the plastic in the drag Demon. Still working on how to cut the new windows by myself while not cracking in the process. So far best approach seems to be laying the sheet on a 1/4" thick plywood and cutting both at the same time with a scroll saber saw. The car had plastic windows already but they were not clear any longer. The stuff that was in it was about 1/8" thick and there was no center brace. The plastic was screwed in around the edges with little Pk screws and nylon washers. I may fab up a center brace before I put the windows back on.

They had painted the inside edge about 1" all around black. Made up for the lack of trim and looked OK to me. Maybe make the top about 3-4" thick to hide the ugly halo bar and allow for some outside graphics.

If you have the one that is no longer clear, most larger plastics companies will cut it for you. If you want Lexan, or other high density plastic be prepared to pay for it (that stuff is pricey). I rough cut the side windows (Lexan from Home Depot) for my Demon racecar using the above mention plywood trick. I then used a belt sander to get it to the proper fitment. Just my .02 for ya.

-
Back