Who wouldn't want to drive this

-
That thing would be a blast to drive!! Wild Willy, move over, Frankie's coming thru!!!! :)

drive, yes, own, nope

never got the idea behind gassers and/or ratrods
if something is a work in progress that is one thing but to call a car "done" when it looks like something that would get hauled away on trashday I just don't get

Heck yeah, the wife and I are considering locating something similar to piece together, only a rat rod type vehicle.

drive, yes, own, nope

never got the idea behind gassers and/or ratrods
if something is a work in progress that is one thing but to call a car "done" when it looks like something that would get hauled away on trashday I just don't get

Huge difference between a rat rod and a gasser. This guy just happened to have a rat rod gasser. However most gassers are finished cars with high dollar metal flake paint. They dad the suspension like that to transfer weight to the rear of the car. Gassers were not built like that to look cool or stand out like the rat rods. They had a very specific purpose.

Yes I would drive that car but I would probably paint it also.

Huge difference between a rat rod and a gasser. This guy just happened to have a rat rod gasser. However most gassers are finished cars with high dollar metal flake paint. They dad the suspension like that to transfer weight to the rear of the car. Gassers were not built like that to look cool or stand out like the rat rods. They had a very specific purpose.

Yes I would drive that car but I would probably paint it also.

100% agree that there is a huge difference between gassers and rat rods.

however, within the rat rod side there is a huge difference between a real rat rod and what people are building these days and calling a rat rod......calling a car a "rat rod" don't give the license to build an absolutely rubbish trash can on wheels. Some "rat rodders" these days don't understand the difference between a rat rod and pure garbage.

as far as this car in the OP......I will be there in 15 mins with my pedal extenders to drive it! ......if I had a chance to drive it would be absolutely 100% YES!!!

I have to agree with who ever said "Drive yes, own NO" Why? it get me in nuthin' but trouble if I owned it......LOL specially with an old Hemi in the engine location............

100% agree that there is a huge difference between gassers and rat rods.

however, within the rat rod side there is a huge difference between a real rat rod and what people are building these days and calling a rat rod......calling a car a "rat rod" don't give the license to build an absolutely rubbish trash can on wheels. Some "rat rodders" these days don't understand the difference between a rat rod and pure garbage.

as far as this car in the OP......I will be there in 15 mins with my pedal extenders to drive it! ......if I had a chance to drive it would be absolutely 100% YES!!!

Pedal extensions...gotta love it....Rani, don't forget a phone book or a pillow....

. However most gassers are finished cars with high dollar metal flake paint..

Agree with part of what you said, but there were a LOT of gassers back in the day that looked nearly as "bad" as this thing. But this thing is not a "gasser." "Altered" maybe. "Gasser," no. Gassers were SUPPOSED to be fully street legal, with windshields, wipers interiors and fenders. Many pushed this to the limit, AKA tiny MG muffler for an "exhaust" on a BB or hemi, but, hey, it WAS an "exhaust system."

THIS is a legit gasser, back in the day, and even it had at least one thing "illegal." Can you spot it?

292, by the way, was a popular overbore on a 265/ 282 SB Chev

http://images16.fotki.com/v369/photos/4/43692/4408036/RonsDriveIn240ChevyGasser-vi.jpg

This is the car, in the mid 60's which might have killed me or my friend. We were sitting in my 57 Chev along the spectator fence at the old Deer Park, WA strip. It was a COLD, windy, early spring day. I was looking at the program, something I rarely did. My friend George said, "OH" "Ron's just blew a clutch."

I looked up and saw garbage, bellhousing, transmission falling, hanging, below the car. I heard a big "CLUNK." We got out and in the pink 59? Caddie parked next door was a huge, long gash in the rear quarter, HORIZONTALLY. I looked down and there was about a pound of smoking pressure plate in the dirt. I kept that for a number of years, finally lost track of it.

A vintage "Altered" which is more like what this thing "would be" if it could pass tech

Not everybody had "hi dollar" paint or even fancy bodies

oldblackstudebaker.jpg

I was thinking that every time I look at the pics I got of it.

Attachments

• 20140412_094810_20140706180625111.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 138
-
Back