Who's a diabetic??

-
yeah, don't worry about the beer thing, just don't be suckin' down a 6 pack a day.......heh, ahh.........the memories of being young......
a beer every now and then won't hurt anything, man does not live by bread alone, and in our case, forget the bread, to many carbs...
higgs

Going to dads to get the test strips and then to the consultation for an info-lecture and the glucose meter. 2 days on the meds and still have dry undies! Thanks again for the info, I realize its manageable but am surprised how many members have it! I drove right by a frickin Smuckers factory today too!

so I guess any day you dont **** yourself is a good day!!

Man, I am so making that my new motto....

A lot of advice and support here. Take it slow, listen to the doc, make the adjustments, you'll do fine. Rooting for ya brother.

So I just got diagnosed with diabetes....RIGHT FRICKIN ON!! Im not really that concerned about it, but the Doc and Diabetic Educational Consultant seem to be going a million miles an hour and is freaking me out. I figured a change in diet, some meds and upgrading my eyeglasses....no big deal, but wanted to see what everyones symptoms were leading to their diagnosis. I get severe leg cramps(helps make the sex last longer LOL), tingling in one arm that can last for days, the other arm feels like carpal tunnel with the constant ache, occasional anxiety attacks, mostly at night. Anyway, besides the huge med bills, what can I look fwd to?? Lori and I go see the Doc tomorrow for a sit down. I know I sound like a whiner, but I am wondering if some of the bs I am feeling is related to the diabetes.

Thanks
4spdragtop
So sorry I missed your thread Steve .Cindy has diadets and has had it well over 40 years always on the needle but now on the pump.call her and talk to her I am sure she will ease your mind.

I hope my niece reads this thread, she is on a pump and only 18 years young..
I am glad thing are's going to work out and you can manage this correctly.
My hart goes out to all my friends here that has this monster in there life.

I used to smoke, been a year since and my doctor said I'd be at huge risk if I kept on that path... despite it helping with stress I knew I had to quit. Still working on that, I don't smoke anymore but every once in awhile I still use the patches and exercise pretty good.

It's funny, when you're younger you can do whatever you want, then you start hittin your 30s your doctors tell you all sorts of goofy things and vices like beer, pop, smokes, fatty foods ... ya need to give em up. It's a rough road :(

-
Back