who's interchangable?

-
There is a couple places on eBay.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-1965-1966-DODGE-5-X-4-TO-5-X-4-5-1-0-INCH-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-/400635711198?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d47bfcede&vxp=mtr"]Here[/ame] no information if these are imported.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-Adapter-5x4-5x4-5-Spacers-1-Made-In-USA-/360821475901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5402a2ca3d&vxp=mtr"]Here[/ame] made in USA.

Rock crawling aint street driving. Whens the last time you saw a rock crawler go around an expressway ramp at 70 mph? Adaptors are trash and dangerous to use. There are more 4 inch pattern wheels out there right now than we had available in the 60's 70's 80's and 90's combined and a lot of them are not expensive. I personally wouldn't even drive a car that had a 7.25 rear, they will break from just everyday driving. Move up to an 8.25(cheap) or 8.75(not so cheap) and swap to the big bolt pattern. The front don't cost much to swap, I've done the whole thing for under $200 many times.

Many rock crawlers aren't trailer queens and are driven to the location.

Billet aluminum adapters are no different than bolting on an aluminum wheel as far as I am concerned. I have ran them without issue and so has another member and he has a 440 in his A-body that is street driven. The early cast ones were poor design and quality which did lead to some problems.

It is amazing that so many of the 7 1/4s have survived and are still on the road if they are such junk. There no doubt anyone would rather have the 8 3/4 but some people don't have the money and even 8 1/4 rear ends are getting scarce. With either you still have to modify a drive shaft.

Dually trucks run wheels adapters and spacers. Unless you are running a slip on pot metal spacer have no worries.

Many rock crawlers aren't trailer queens and are driven to the location.

Billet aluminum adapters are no different than bolting on an aluminum wheel as far as I am concerned. I have ran them without issue and so has another member and he has a 440 in his A-body that is street driven. The early cast ones were poor design and quality which did lead to some problems.

It is amazing that so many of the 7 1/4s have survived and are still on the road if they are such junk. There no doubt anyone would rather have the 8 3/4 but some people don't have the money and even 8 1/4 rear ends are getting scarce. With either you still have to modify a drive shaft.
True story,have seen all this 1st hand..know of a 70 dart with a 440 with peanut rear end[7 1/4] been that way for 20 yrs still flogging it...has a 69 hp stock 375 horse engine with an alum ch4b intake with exhausts manifolds dumping out the front of engine,strangest exh system I ever saw and it aint no slouch..also has adaptors on it and has took a pounding nothing broken yet...I wouldnt do it but hey it aint mine...

-
Back