Why is "Overhaulin" on in the middle of the afternoon?

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am home with a sick kid today (Monday) and I stumbled onto Overhaulin on ESPN. 2:00 central They're doing a guys 69 Road Runner vert.
Poor guy.

For guys like me that are off on Mondays:) Thanks for the tip. I just turned it on too. It's a rerun from 2005.

Not too bad. It's sunny and 36 with a high of 46 today. It's been below normal with all the storms that came through.

Wow, I thought it would be sunny and 60 or so. It's mid 20's with blowing and drifting snow here. The schools got out early. Mike

Am I the only one that thinks all the "Overhaulin" cars ended up looking like "Latest Fad" rides that will have a dated look in a few years?

I would agree, although the concept of the show is fun. It's amazing what they can do in 7 days and nights. I like the Chip foose concept though on his
custom builds. He does so many subtle things that look stock but aren't. I wish I had one of his drawings. Very talented. Mike

The roadrunner was one of the better shows. They did a great job keeping the look and put alot of nice parts in. I would get rid of the wheels amd tires though.

Am I the only one that thinks all the "Overhaulin" cars ended up looking like "Latest Fad" rides that will have a dated look in a few years?

Your not the only one, most of his cars do look dated and not very tasteful.

There were a few that I think came out looking great though, the 56 Cadillac, 67 Nova, 65 Impala all turned out great, even the A-100 turned out pretty nice.

I think the Roadrunner conv belongs to the father in law of one of the members on this site.

i havn't seen that shows in so long, i used to watch it every wednesday night on TLC but i can never find it anymore, i don't get ESPN, wish i did they cover all the NHRA meets as well

There is a 56 chev vert and a 65 Impala for sale on Deals on wheels right now, they must not be too happy or just broke. I think he has his style just like coddington did but times and designs change. I wouldn't complain ifhe did one for me!

It's actually on Discovery, not ESPN.

It's on weekdays from 10am - 3pm central time.

The Roadrunner owner is a fellow clubmember of Inland Mopars Car Club as is his son-in-law and his neighbor. His neighbor also owns a '69 Hemi Roadrunner convertible. What are the odds of 2 '69 Roadrunner convertibles only a few houses from each other?
BTW, the 'overhauled' runner is a really nice looking car - one of the nicer looking finished cars from the show. IMO, Foose kept a lot of the Mopar heritage in the paint scheme without going too over the top.

It's actually on Discovery, not ESPN.

It's on weekdays from 10am - 3pm central time.

You're right! I don't know where ESPN came from. Although every time I turn on the tube Mediacom has screwed with the channels.This afternoon I lost signal to about 10 channels and many of them are either gone or somewhere else now.
Mike

There all r-runs, Overhauling got canceled a few years ago.

There was new ones in 09 but they changed it some, they were letting the owner know before they overhauled the car instead of playing games with them. I don't think they were on TLC though.

I don't understand why they have to be done in 7 days. Why can't they sleep and eat like normal people? I'll bet they would turn out even nicer, too.

-
Back