Why NOT 273 rockers on a Magnum head?

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Getting the 360 roller/ EQ heads together, I grabbed a "side" of 273 rockers and threw them on for a quick look.

1...The shaft bolts on the 273 assy come no where near any of the stand mounting pads on the Mag head. This is GOOD as mounting an adapter means no interferance
2...There is PLENTY of room in the center of the head to snuggle as large as a 3/8" tube from the valley up to the head for oiling. Seems to me you could tap a galley in the valley, run a small 1/4" ?? 3/16?? tube up and connect into one of your "self made" shaft supports

3...Seems to me a simple, "let's say" 5/16 X 1" or 3/4 wide flat stock could be mounted to the mag rocker stand bosses, and self made shaft stands bolted or welded to that. I have a "drill mill" and some 1"? square bar stock could be drilled and turned into stands. Cross drill at appropriate point and install an oil line fitting.

4...Pushrods? pfffssfsffffttsszzt!!! EASY You can shorted old stockers on the lathe, or jus' buy 'em!!

Interesting as always sir. Watching for mo progress.

Whats the advantage? Could you just mill the stud mounts and run the shaft blocks?

-
Back