Wife / Girlfriend rage

-
I was standing outside by the grill one night and a pair of meat shears appeared in her hands and she said "I'm going to carve your green eyes out!" I had my back to the house she came at me over and I forearm block it missed my eyes and face but cut my head open...
she was looking at 10 years minimum mandatory for ag batt with a deadly under Florida law..

1667275485025.png

My ex gave me that same bullshit line.....You love that car more than you love me.
Maybe I did.
The car weighed about the same.
The car had fewer emissions.
The car cost less to feed and insure.

If she's insecure enough about your relationship to feel the need to compete with a CAR, you need to find someone else. A real wife/S.O. should want to support your hobbies and interests, not see them as a source of jealousy. IMO that's just bullshit intolerable behavior.

This. Time for a new girl, one that doesn't mess up your stuff behind your back. That's childish. Explain to her that is the reason the relationship is over.

Um, that’s effed up.
I am another fortunate one.
Photograph the damage and fix/clean it. You realize she wants you to react. Dont. Carry on with the car,do what needs to be done. You stoop to her level, you are encouraging her to continue.
Life is too short to waste it on being pissed off all the time. And its unhealthy.
I got no time for **** like that, my mantra…

How many times has something like this happened?

Once is one too many.

Last edited:
Sounds like a little bipolar chick...good luck...you ain't seen nothing yet!!

If this is a pattern that you've seen the whole 12 years it likely won't change (although with good counseling it might), but if this is new behavior check out new medications and have a medical check. I won't go into too much detail, but you should have seen my wife when she was on the "pill"...then what the anti-depressants did...I could go on and on about how the medical community has wreaked havoc on the public...

I can’t imagine after 12 years this type of behavior is new to you. Doesn’t really matter if it is though, there is no excuse for it. She should come home to find all of her stuff neatly sitting on the front porch and the locks changed.

I just got divorced. I definitely still love my ex but when I quit getting pissed off, she started getting pissed off so I knew something was up.

Sure enough, caught her pouring perfume that I hated (allergic reaction, actually) on the carpet, doing stuff like that.

And it's amazing. Since she's been gone, no more mystery stains on the carpet ("that's always been there, since we moved in" uh yeah, no.)
No more mystery dents in the sheetrock. (Also always been there)
No more water leaks in the bathroom. (She didn't do that, even though she just got out of the shower)
No more steam making my paint peel in the bathroom.(I just forgot to turn the fan on THIS ONE TIME)
No more money disappearing.(I don't know why they only withhold $1k out of my taxes when they hold $10k from you even though we make the same money)
No more bullshit.
It's... Odd.....that all the damage I requested she not do, that she insisted she wasn't doing, has stopped.

Passive aggression is a real *****

Last edited:
Everyone involved in this story is long gone....A guy I knew from work, good guy everybody liked him from my fathers generation.
I knew he was divorced, in fact his ex was the sister of another guy in the gang
So this guy tells me one day when we all got to talking he had to get out of the house and eventually got divorced because it got to the point he he was afraid to go to sleep when his wife was home
He told me one time she threw a bunch of tacks in the bed hoping he'd get stuck, was no joke he didn't trust her and he had to get out asap which he did
By the time he told this story she had passed away although he never said how
Only after he retired and moved away did I find the exact story.
He played around and I guess she suspected it. This incident happened in the late fifties or early sixties
They had a two year old girl.....The baby was sick and getting sicker by the day.....Had taken the child to the doctors but one night she developed a high fever......They had one car and this guy was at the bowling alley, I guess it never occurred to him to stay home with his wife and sick child or even call and check in and see how his daughter was doing
So his wife tries to no avail to contact him at the bowling alley, she couldn't find him and the person who answered the phone at the bowling alley couldn't find him either
Im unsure what happened after that but by by the time they got that child to the hospital she was critical and she died during the night
This guys wife went off the deep end I guess, I was told by a woman I know that the wife never recovered, blamed her husband.....She started to drink and became a alcoholic and thats what she died of
Now this guy who I thought was such a great guy, I knew he had a child that died but he never told me any of this and its no wonder why
I have no idea if he carried any guilt but if he did he didnt show it.
Of course there is no justification for destroying property of your spouse or the other way around and of course that goes for physical altercations
People sometimes go through difficult periods, be it physical or mental issues and true enough sometimes they are just self consumed lousy spoiled.
I would have never posted this thread had I been the OP, asking what would you have done as if he needs to be told what to do.....but now he has spilled his personal life onto a car forum and I hope he is happy his wife is being called a "*****".
Whatever his wife is, id think he'd be better served to keep this out of a car forum and getting some professional help

Last edited:
Do a better job training the next one. lol
The problem these days, women have taken the roll of a man.
They have become the protector, instead of protected.
In some cases they have become the bread winner. Shouldn't be.
In most cases if you take care of your gal and treat her like a queen, she will always be true and happy.
Make sure she has more money in her wallet than you. and never question what she does with it.

Everyone involved in this story is long gone....A guy I knew from work, good guy everybody liked him from my fathers generation.
I knew he was divorced, in fact his ex was the sister of another guy in the gang
So this guy tells me one day when we all got to talking he had to get out of the house and eventually got divorced because it got to the point he he was afraid to go to sleep when his wife was home
He told me one time she threw a bunch of tacks in the bed hoping he'd get stuck, was no joke he didn't trust her and he had to get out asap which he did
By the time he told this story she had passed away although he never said how
Only after he retired and moved away did I find the exact story.
He played around and I guess she suspected it. This incident happened in the late fifties or early sixties
They had a two year old girl.....The baby was sick and getting sicker by the day.....Had taken the child to the doctors but one night she developed a high fever......They had one car and this guy was at the bowling alley, I guess it never occurred to him to stay home with his wife and sick child or even call and check in and see how his daughter was doing
So his wife tries to no avail to contact him at the bowling alley, she couldn't find him and the person who answered the phone at the bowling alley couldn't find him either
Im unsure what happened after that but by by the time they got that child to the hospital she was critical and she died during the night
This guys wife went off the deep end I guess, I was told by a woman I know that the wife never recovered, blamed her husband.....She started to drink and became a alcoholic and thats what she died of
Now this guy who I thought was such a great guy, I knew he had a child that died but he never told me any of this and its no wonder why
I have no idea if he carried any guilt but if he did he didnt show it.
Of course there is no justification for destroying property of your spouse or the other way around and of course that goes for physical alterations
People sometimes go through difficult periods, be it physical or mental issues and true enough sometimes they are just self consumed lousy spoiled.
I would have never posted this thread had I been the OP, asking what would you have done as if he needs to be told what to do.....but now he has spilled his personal life onto a car forum and I hope he is happy his wife is being called a "*****".
Whatever his wife is, id think he'd be better served to keep this out of a car forum and getting some professional help
I appreciate you chiming in.. (in which im still trying to figure out the connection), to a post that you deem not proper for a "car forum".. With that said, again, I do appreciate your opinion..
Just to make it clear, I look at my post as a simple question that involves a CAR that directly relates to this site..Also, to make it clear, I didnt ask to be advised on what I should do, I asked what would YOU do. You make it sound like I spilled our complete personal lives and need guidance.
Where other people take it and how they choose to perceive it and answer is their choice.... and just like my appreciation for your "answer", I appreciate theirs... Others have opened up about their own situations.
It's been entertaining and comical at times. She's not my wife, she's my girlfriend, and I love and care for her more than life itself, let alone any car (unless it was an original 71 hemi cuda).
I could really care less what names people call her because It's a forum, not face to face...and all these answers are based on limited information, and the story is one sided, mine.

Last edited:
I’d get rid of her in an instant. I’m over drama, I cut out all news any news out of my life over a month ago and it’s been awesome for my mental health.

-
Back