will 340 heads fit a 273 ???

-
I Think they will bolt on but seems to me the bore is too small for the valves to clear, I don't know this for sure tho. I know 318's will take them just. D

bore will need to be notched and they will kill the compression and low end torque

You can use them but with the large valves it would require that the side of the block be notched for valve clearance. To take advantage of the bigger ports use the 340 intake. You will lose compression but to help from losing some compression you can use a thin head gasket and mill the head .060. Most people avoid the swap but if you want........

You can use them but with the large valves it would require that the side of the block be notched for valve clearance. To take advantage of the bigger ports use the 340 intake. You will lose compression but to help from losing some compression you can use a thin head gasket and mill the head .060. Most people avoid the swap but if you want........

Yes, the valves will need the bores notched - at least. Plus, the compression ratio will be crappy and the ports are too big which will hurt velocity.

-
Back