Not open for further replies.

wyoduster

live free or die
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm in need of new floor pans.
I can find 67-74 Dart everywhere,but NO 66 ones to be found. My question.. will the 67 fit?? I don't mind a little fitting and adjustments I just want a good floor.
Here are the pictures of what I have to cut out...

Dart floor-5.jpg

Dart floor-4.jpg

Dart floor-3.jpg

Dart floor-2.jpg

Dart floor-1.jpg

Dart floor-0.jpg

Not to mess up your day but have you repaired the problem that caused the
rust in the first place?
Roscoe

67 up is not as deep as yours plus they are longer and wider. Areas like where the seats bolt down are different. You can use the under foot sections from 67 up to patch yours.

Not to mess up your day but have you repaired the problem that caused the
rust in the first place?
Roscoe

I believe the salt on the roads here in the new england is the cause and I don't believe the state will stop for me... After replacement then at least it'll be cared for enough to not see the problem again...

First and most important, DON'T cut the old ones out till you have new ones in hand because you can't get complete floors for the early A's and you need to know where to cut.

Second, the salt may have helped with it rusting but it wasn't the cause. Floors rust from the inside out and from several contributors, air box leaking, windshield leaking, wiper pivots leaking, or from your conv top leaking, the water and snow from your feet also don't help.

The 67 up pans will work to patch your old ones, but only if the rust isn't up into the hump and along the rocker portion of the pans or under the seat where the mounting points are.

Hi i have a complete floor pan out of an Arizona car that i have not started cutting up yet,i live in New York by Auburn phone # 602 692 0211 or pm me here to discuss thanks kevin

I found the cause of my floor pan rust to be the air dam under the coweling .
The weep holes was stopped up and water had collected in this area until the bottoms of the vent horns rusted through allowing large amounts of water to collect under the front carpets. You can check this by removeing the drivers air vent box,4 screws, and feeling in this area, or use a mirrow and flashlight.If this is the problem it should be corrected before repairing the floor.

67 up is not as deep as yours plus they are longer and wider. Areas like where the seats bolt down are different. You can use the under foot sections from 67 up to patch yours.
I'm thinking a one piece unit cause both front and rear need replaced.. Sometime in its life time someone put a patch over both the rear pans without removing them,but that didn't stop the rust so now that all needs removed as well as the fronts which are also shot. DO IT RIGHT.. RIGHT? So how much bigger is it.. ??? or should I think about the 2 piece sets and leave the hump..? Never done this before but I'm lookin forward to it. Toys are for playing with...

Long before the 66 cuda floor pans were available, I used the 67 and up units. They needed to be fit and trimmed, but they worked. Of course I have a top notch welder fabricator to do my work, but they are in and look outstanding. That was 6 or 7 years ago. I think the 66 pans are available through Hardens Muscle Car World or Sherman and Associates, but I haven't looked into that!! Geof

You won't find a one piece pan, even with the 67 up, unless AMD started making them. Replacement pans are four pieces and not a complete floor, you will need to trim and fit them and only cut out what you need to and I don't think the section under the seat is available for either years.

I'm pretty sure Laysons sells floors for the 63-66, they may not show up in there search though. I've found that there search leaves a lot out. Contact Rick on this site if you are going to order anything from Laysons though or you will take a chance of not getting your parts for a while or not getting what you ordered.

I think the 66 pans are available through Hardens Muscle Car World or Sherman and Associates,

Stay away from Hardens, unless your buying from him at a swap meet and he has it on hand, don't rely on him shipping anything to you. I've dealt with him several times and got screwed every time.

Stay away from Hardens, unless your buying from him at a swap meet and he has it on hand, don't rely on him shipping anything to you. I've dealt with him several times and got screwed every time.

I have never had anything shipped from Hardens, only bought from them at shows. If Blownfish has experience with their shipping shortcomings, I would put it in the bank!! Thanks for the info there Blownfish, and sweet ride by the way!!! Geof

I got mine from auto body specialties www.autobobyspecialt.com. They only had fronts for each side at the time but where working on getting rears, call them and see if they have rears yet.
The fit was nearly perfect, and since I only cut out what was absolutely necessary, I used the extra pieces that I cut off to repair the rear area.
Good luck and have fun.

I got the drivers side pan from Rick at Laysons, it was the only one thay had in stock at the time. I've gotten 67 and up pans from Kramer Auto and if you had to use them you could but it was going to result in a lot of piecing for the repairs my vert needed, I'd suggest checking with 61darttrk and see if you can get his pan, even if you have him cut it up to ship it I think you'll be further ahead then piecing the aftermarkets together. I took a floor pan out of a 4door, the passenger side is bad but the rest is real nice. I also had to take the piece under the rear seat as mine was rotted there also. I just got done taking the floor out of my vert a little grinding to clean up the spot welds I drilled out, a pressure washing, some rust converter and POR15, and maybe in a week or two the new one will be in. I still have to get a few more patch panels off the 4door to repair what was under the pan that is under the back seat.

You won't find a one piece pan, even with the 67 up, unless AMD started making them. Replacement pans are four pieces and not a complete floor, you will need to trim and fit them and only cut out what you need to and I don't think the section under the seat is available for either years.

I'm pretty sure Laysons sells floors for the 63-66, they may not show up in there search though. I've found that there search leaves a lot out. Contact Rick on this site if you are going to order anything from Laysons though or you will take a chance of not getting your parts for a while or not getting what you ordered.
Unless Layson's has made a better version in the last 2 years, forget that option. I ordered a LF floor pan for the '63-6 A-body and it was so far off I sent it back. It would have been easier to shape a flat piece of steel than to modify the one they sent to me. If you want/need a whole pan assy, get a good used one cut out and bite the bullet on shipping.
Thanks, Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back