Will 71 dart roof fit a 74 dart

-

swelker

Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. Does anyone know if a 71 dart swinger roof will fit on a 74 dart swinger?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The skin would work providing they are both 2 doors but the internal structure is different and a 74 won't have the correct 71 headliner rod provisions

Mopar parts. So I could use the roof but I might need to make some modifications to install the 74 headliner (the 74 is the project car the 71 is the donor)?

Thanks All

any know if 69 dart body panels will fit a 74, and the rear trunk corner pieces will they interchange to make a 74 rear look like a 69 thanks

69 did not use bolt on corner pieces , that didn't happen until 71.

67-69 had different trunk lid and rear quarter panels and all the lower sections at the rear.

70-72 different

73-76 different yet

If you have both cars there do some comparisons on the structures especially on the windhsield pillars as i am sure there are differences there as well

Mopar parts. So I could use the roof but I might need to make some modifications to install the 74 headliner (the 74 is the project car the 71 is the donor)?

Thanks All

The roof skins are identical. I have a '74 Dart skin I'm going to put on my '71 GK6 Dart. As long as they're both 2 door hardtop cars its a straight swap. In fact, I'm pretty sure that as long as its a 2 door hardtop Dart, they'll interchange from '67-'76. The roof skin isn't affected by any of the trunk lid changes.

The part for the headliner bows is on the inner structure, and you don't want to swap that anyway. If you need to replace the skin because it rusted out when it had a vinyl top, just swap the skins. Pretty much all you need is a spot weld cutter to remove and a MIG welder to reinstall.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I do agree the skins will interchange. The OP never mentioned he was just replacing only the outer skin that is why i figured he was replacing the complete roof and is the reason i mentioned about the headliner bows and inner structure diffferences, because there are, and that is what was asked. The car could have sustained collision or storm damage, maybe even rusted out and needs the structure replaced as well.

-
Back