Will a 1972 Duster rear seat fit a 1974 Duster

-

dart gt

Reaction score
I am putting buckets and rear seat out of a 1972 Duster into my 1974 Duster.I know I will have to drill holes for the buckets as I have a bench now but will the back seat fit in.Thanks David

I have a 72 back seat in my 73, the one thing I noticed is you have to push the 72 bottom in harder to get it to latch, than the 73 seat.
But it will fit.

Thanks for all your replys.Have to drive a fair ways to get them and just wanted to make sure.Thanks Again

You run into problems when trying to swap rear seats from a 2-door to a 4-door and vice versa. The radius for the rear tire well is different between the two. If you go 2-door to 2-door and 4-door to 4-door, you should be ok.

OK, how about an F body seat.

I'm pretty sure the buckets are the same, but how about the rear?

I know where there;s a nice, clean white Volare interior...

bought these seats but dont know what there out of.Anybody know?Thanks

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 220
One thing to watch for on the rear seat is whether or not it has retractable seat belts in the back. I ran into this on my '74 when I tried to swap a '70 Duster seat in it, and it didn't work. The '70 is straight across from tub to tub in the rear where the newer seats with retractable seat belts are notched in the rear corners to fit around the retractor setup. I'm just not sure what year they switched them.

-
Back