Will a 68 Emergency Brake assembly fit a 64?

-

Kmrumedy

Reaction score
Getting ready for inspection and realized the emergency brake assembly has been removed.

Will this brake assembly work on a 64 Valiant?

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Valiant-Dart-Barracuda-Duster-Demon-Parking-Brake-Assembly-340-/251607298170?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a94f6b07a&vxp=mtr"]Mopar Valiant Dart Barracuda Duster Demon Parking Brake Assembly 340 | eBay[/ame]

Will this kit complete what is needed? Thanks.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/63-66-A-body-Plymouth-Barracuda-Emergency-Parking-Brake-Cable-Set-Kit-OE-BSA6301-/190823905950?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AValiant&hash=item2c6dfdba9e&vxp=mtr"]63 66 A Body Plymouth Barracuda Emergency Parking Brake Cable Set Kit OE BSA6301 | eBay[/ame]

If you can wait till after the Mopar Nationals, I have all that e brake stuff from my 65 Dart. The handle and first cable is still on the car.

If you can wait till after the Mopar Nationals, I have all that e brake stuff from my 65 Dart. The handle and first cable is still on the car.

Yes I can! Thank you. Please PM how much you need and I will Paypal ASAP.

So I assume the same assembly works from 63-73?

So the 65 assembly won't work with the cable kit listed on EBay?

Probably not; however any rear cables from each side connector to the brakes from a 63 (maybe), 64,65 and 66 would work with the e brake lever as long as the correct forward cable is used.

I don't understand what you mean by "assembly"? The mechanism in the car may work as far as I understand(not sure) but cables are different lengths for different years. If you look at RockAuto, they list the length for different years and body styles.

I just replaced all the cables on my 66 and found a 73 donor but the lengths were all wrong. Just got them at RockAuto.

To be perfectly "correct", the e-brake handles are probably different too. In 1964, the plastic pull is wider between L & R sides, whereas I recall they were symmetric in my 1969. I forgot how my 1965 is. Also, the plastic handles tend to crack and fail (unsafe).

1971 is the cut off year for the early E Brake assembly. Early cars had both cables routed to the driver side of the car with one cable going toward the front of the car. 72-up has one cable per side and then a longer intermediate cable that is hung from the trans cross member with a hook.

-
Back