Will I be sorry?

-
what you need to do is talk to local car guys in your town ....auto parts stores ...car clubs..car shows etc...or stop by new car dealers at lunch by the body shop when the guys leave and ask for the painter 90% he does work on the side .... .. ...most will work at a body shop or car dealer and do cars at home or a rented shop they have ...that's were you find the deals ...you can even buy the paint yourself online at a deal ...

Well, My local Macco upset me, so I did not bring it to them. They gave me a price and then jacked it up a thousand dollars. I found another smaller place, and the guy said he wanted to do it. He's busy and did not touch it for a while. I hope it comes out ok-

Quality paint, like PPG, can cost over $2,000 just for paint and primer. Add labor and supplies, and $5k for a paint job isn't that much at all, not for quality work.

Maaco buys paint by the 50 gallon drum. It's not quality stuff, and it won't last.

Agreed,...My Dakota still shines brilliant black PPG, professionally done after 21 years,...And not all uf us have tha time, space, resources or climate to do quality job by ourselves,...

But fer a DD, You'll be fine,....Prep is huge,....especially is ya want more than a couple of years outa it.

That is good looking chevy.
I had a 71 SWB step side years ago with a 283 4-speed.

350/700r4
tilt wheel
4 wheel disc( when it was complete)
old air products aftermarket A/C
flow master from headers back

nice ride

it was supposed to match my mega cab but they used the wrong primer and it came out different but i liked it anyway lol my mega started as a SRWD 3500 short box and ended up a DRWD long box lol

Jeesh.. That doesn't look like vermont... Where was it? Haha

I've had 2 vehicles painted by the MAACO in ft worth. They're all independently owned so you get mixed results. I've been very pleased both times. They even have a bake booth. I can't help but think the guy working there that paints 10 cars a day, every day, can lay down paint better then I ever could. Granted...I did all the prep and removed all trim, handles, etc in prep.

I've had 2 vehicles painted by the MAACO in ft worth. They're all independently owned so you get mixed results. I've been very pleased both times. They even have a bake booth. I can't help but think the guy working there that paints 10 cars a day, every day, can lay down paint better then I ever could. Granted...I did all the prep and removed all trim, handles, etc in prep.

mine was done over by lewisville and kadell suggs over at central Texas frame and alignment did the long box conversion and i did dually conversion with parts from arrow craft in MI

I'd also just go talk to them and ask if you can see some cars they just finished. Best way to judge. MAACO has different levels of paint. Both times I opted for the color/clear that mixed together. I forget what they call it, but it goes on single stage. I drove one truck for 3 years. Had zero complaints about the durability of it.

-
Back