Will SSBC Discs clear my SBP 14" Cragar SS Wheels???

-

MobileCustoms

Reaction score
I did search the forum here but didn't find any conclusive answer and even called SSBC just now and the tech couldn't tell me yes or no, only that they would clear the stock steel wheels.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a front disc conversion for my small bolt pattern setup, not looking to convert to BBP. I have the factory 10 inch drums now.

This is going on my 67 notch with an aftermarket sway bar.

Thanks for any help or links to a definitive answer!

-Doug

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know they will NOT clear the stock steelies. They will clear with the rally wheels.

Which caliper did you get? They used to have two different styles, one just like the kelsey hayes, and another shaped slightly different. I got the slightly different model and it did not clear my 14" steelies. The inside of your wheels, do they taper in some or are they straight and parallel? I think some other members with the kelsey hayses style made their's fit with 14's and just a little reshaping of the hard line on the caliper

I used the SSBC kit on my '71 Dart GT. I have the factory 14 X 5 1/2" (5 on 4" small bolt pattern) Rallye Wheels on it with no issues.

Very complete kit! Expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

W153-6 is the kit I used from ssbc

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 210
I found a diagram of clearances for the SSBC kit, so I will go pull the front wheel off my car and try to get some measurements and post up my findings here.

Attachments

• SSBC Clearance Diagram.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 199
did you ever find out if the cragar wheels cleared the ssbc kit? I have the ssbc kit on my 65 dart and really want some cragar wheels on it as well.

did you ever find out if the cragar wheels cleared the ssbc kit? I have the ssbc kit on my 65 dart and really want some cragar wheels on it as well.
I haven't yet. But I bought the kit and am planning to overhaul all the front suspension stuff very soon now. Hopefully by New Year's at latest. Then I will post my updates regarding clearance.

Well this should answer you question then. Yes 14x6 ss cragar wheels will fit with ssbc disc convertion kit. Its dam close to bleeder screq & caliper its self but they fit! I just need to find my own set of wheels now! Thease were a buddies to let me try & see if they would've fit. Im using SBP btw

20171112_150619.jpg

-
Back