Wilwood rear brake park cables cheap solution to problem

-

barty005

Reaction score
Any body ever fitted rear set of Wilwoods and instead of buying the rather $$ cables offered to sort the parking brake just modified what was on the car.
Having looked at it all and what is suggested at $130 I cant see why once the rear cables are removed from backing plate, you cant trim the cable slightly remove the return spring as it's not required purchase a set of clevis's for $40 shipped install and have another cable end fitted ( these cost $2).
Doing this also keeps a few more original parts on the car as well the suggested option seams to involve a few extra part being required that are not in the kit and a lot more work to get it all to function correctly, when what is already there works fine just seams to need a small adjustment.
Either way I'm going to give it a bash once clevis's arrive.

I'm in the same boat. If you don't mind post some pics. My car is at the body shop (still) and I have the discs on but no e brake cables yet.

Thanks

OK so here is my easy fix for the park brake for less than 1/2 of the kit that lokar dose that still needs more bits and more hassle to to get right.
This uses the original cables shortened about 2 inches lokar park brake clevises http://www.summitracing.com/parts/lok-ec-81fc/overview/
and new cable ends fitted at local wire rope shop for $20 why change the system that worked when the car was built.

Attachments

• 20150504_201648.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20150504_201634.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 112
-
Back