Wilwood upgrade

-

Ratty_A_Body

Reaction score
Hi all,
Looking to upgrade my master cylinder on my 74 duster and would like to transition to Wilwood.
Power brake car, with full disc upgrade.

I’d like to keep the power brakes, which wilwood master cylinder do I need? Also, do I need the pushrod kit?

I'll bet the stock one you have would work but don't listen to me as I have not tried it. Just throwing it out there to see if someone has. I have Willwood up front and Ricks-mopar had some new old stock ones for sale years ago but looks similar to this one. Hard to see in pic.
for Mopar B-Body Aluminum Dual Master Cylinder Upgrade Kit Plym Dodge Charger ++ | eBay

220.jpeg

Hi all,
Looking to upgrade my master cylinder on my 74 duster and would like to transition to Wilwood.
Power brake car, with full disc upgrade.

I’d like to keep the power brakes, which wilwood master cylinder do I need? Also, do I need the pushrod kit?
Are you using the stock style single piston calipers ?

If so, I think the Wilwood Aluminum Master cylinders are specifically designed for their 4 piston calipers with 11" disks.

There are so many combinations listed that I think a call to them is in order to confirm exactly what's available for your combination.

(805) 388-1188

Also, their website shows a version of the Mopar master cylinder Kerndog was referring to but has a plastic body .

Wilwood Disc Brakes - Master Cylinders: Tandem Master Cylinder

If I was doing what you are , I would stick to a stock Mopar M/C.

Are you using the stock style single piston calipers ?

If so, I think the Wilwood Aluminum Master cylinders are specifically designed for their 4 piston calipers with 11" disks.

There are so many combinations listed that I think a call to them is in order to confirm exactly what's available for your combination.

(805) 388-1188

Also, their website shows a version of the Mopar master cylinder Kerndog was referring to but has a plastic body .

Wilwood Disc Brakes - Master Cylinders: Tandem Master Cylinder

If I was doing what you are , I would stick to a stock Mopar M/C.
This is good to know thanks. Car has factory disc brakes up front and a full suregrip with disc conversion behind. I’ll have to refresh my memory on the rear brakes because I bought the whole set up from a buddy of mine and put it in as one unit.
Currently my master cylinder is original disc/drum because I never converted it when I put the rear end in.
What should I do?

If it works good, leave it.
The residual valve in the rear brake circuit should be removed or perforated if still there. ( See pix )
If you like the feel, - fine, - if it feels too hard to push, you could go to a smaller bore M/C, still Mopar.
If feel the need for another expensive decal, go Wilwood .
Good luck

IMG_20240418_094319.jpg

IMG_20240418_094231.jpg

Wildwoods has 1.063 bore. Yours should have 1.031 bore. That is why I thought it would work. Didn't know about your rear discs. Like said Post#5 you should be good.

Was it Winston Churchill who said.......
'Never in the field of human conquest have good braking systems been replaced with no so good braking systems....

-
Back