Window Belt Molding Removal

-

rymanrph

Reaction score
I have window belt moldings on my doors that I need to remove for body work, but can't figure out how they attach.

7A79936C-FAF3-4523-83A6-0AAAB50410A4_zps81oagusp.jpg

My doors aren't original to the car, so I figure that's why I have the door pieces, but not the rear pieces. How likely am I to find the rear pieces to match?

good question i thought it had clips on the inside lining .. but never thought about it. i need to take mine off to for some body work.

I believe there are a couple of nuts inside along with the clips that hold them down. It has been awhile since I removed mine when I stripped the car. I do believe I still have the matching rears if you are interested in them.

I think it's just clips. Using a flat plastic tool just gently pry them up.

My more door had clips built into the belting, roll the window down and gently pry it up

My Dart had a nut on a stud at the front and back, between those (along the remaining molding) there are push in "clips" similar to what is used on the interior door panels to hold them to the door, only smaller. The clips are pushed though small holes drilled for these "clips" If this is a Barracuda it likely is missing the 1/4 belt moldings and the door moldings are original, I believe Barracuda's all had these installed, door and 1/4's.

My Dart had a nut on a stud at the front and back, between those (along the remaining molding) there are push in "clips" similar to what is used on the interior door panels to hold them to the door, only smaller. The clips are pushed though small holes drilled for these "clips" If this is a Barracuda it likely is missing the 1/4 belt moldings and the door moldings are original, I believe Barracuda's all had these installed, door and 1/4's.

Is the nut in the door (internal)? I don't see any evidence of holes in the quarter for the rear pieces and I know my doors are not original to the car, so that was my rationale for believing my car never had the rear pieces.

THE QUARTER TRIM does have a hole were a small screw would screw into. min ehas it maybe its been removed from past body work.

My 67 cuda vert has that same moulding, it just uses clips that pop into holes, no studs, I just used a putty knife to get it off the door.

67redcudavert is correct. I double checked mine tonight and there are just clips that hold it to the door. Here is a pic that shows you the placement of the clips so you know where they are. Notice the rear part of the door has two of them very close together.

Yes...could be and looks like just clips on the Barracuda. I was referring to a Dart...thought maybe much the same.
Good info guys!

-
Back