Not open for further replies.

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Had my windshield installed in my dart and when I was putting the chrome trim around it and discovered I was missing one of the clips that hold the trim on. The one that is missing is on top, right where the two pieces of trim go together. With out that one clip the trim sticks out.

Was hoping some one might have a parts car with the windshield out that I might be able to get a clip from.

More than happy to pay for it and shipping.

Not sure how I missed that one, went through the clips I have left and they are all to tall.:banghead:
I hope I can get one in with the windshield in.

Please PM me if you have one I can get. I looked online and if I have to I can order a whole set, but thought I would try here first.:D

Had my windshield installed in my dart and when I was putting the chrome trim around it and discovered I was missing one of the clips that hold the trim on. The one that is missing is on top, right where the two pieces of trim go together. With out that one clip the trim sticks out.

Was hoping some one might have a parts car with the windshield out that I might be able to get a clip from.

More than happy to pay for it and shipping.

Not sure how I missed that one, went through the clips I have left and they are all to tall.:banghead:
I hope I can get one in with the windshield in.

Please PM me if you have one I can get. I looked online and if I have to I can order a whole set, but thought I would try here first.:D

hate to break it to you boss but the clips are screwed into the window frame. the glass has to be out to get to it.

It's not under the gasket, I can see the screw and will try and get one in there first before I pull the windshield back out. It might be a challenge but I'll give it a try. :)

Oh and tekslk, your Baracuda is goooood looking!

The clips aren't under the gasket, they are behind the gasket. It's not easy to replace a broken clip but it can be done.
Rather than actually remove a screw to replace a broken clip, add a new clip beside the broken clip with a new screw hole.
The issue with yours is where it is. Best to piece mill a platform above the hood to work from rather than lean in.

I've got a few clips from a later year Swinger that are about 3/4" wide. I can post a pic if that sounds right.......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back