Windshield Gasket

-

71_340

Reaction score
Does anybody have a source where I can get the rubber gasket (some call it molding) for my 73 Dart Swinger 2DrHt?

I contacted numerous places, they all list them (different part numbers though) but everybody has them on back order; I guess they all come from the same manufacturer.

So if you have one for sale or you know somebody that actually has one, it would be of great help to me.

Thanks!

the manufacturer went out of business...for the time being NOBODY is producing them! on ebay right now there is a NOS window gasket for north of $250 though....if you do find one let me know too as i've been searching relentlessly a few weeks ago there was a great thread on here discussing this issue if you do a search i'm sure it will show up

I just went through this dilemma with my 72 duster when I was getting a new windshield gasket.

found one at yearone and put it on order......after 3 weeks and still seeing no gasket I decided to call them and THEN they told me that it was on "national back order with no known expected shipment date". I was told its because of the stuff going on in Japan that has caused the hold up.

I finally ended up finding a member here on fabo that had one brand new in the package from precision that he did not end up using and he sold it to me for $50.00 shipped! ....I couldnt pass it up.

not sure if a duster gasket is the same ( I don't think so) but I have the factory gasket from my duster thats in good condition, just needs a good cleaning being that it has been used.

I looked high and low and like you....found that everyone had them on back order.....HOWEVER I got ahold of our fabo member rick lason ( rick@laysons I think is his fabo member name) and he said at the time (about 2 weeks ago) that he had 4 duster windshield gaskets in stock....so odds might be that he might have in stock what you are looking for also ....so I would suggest contacting him, and I believe he deals precision products which is a good quality product.

hope that helps.

Hmmm........not what I wanted to hear.

Anyway, the one on eBay is for Duster/Demon/Dart Sport. Different gasket. I can't imagine anybody paying that much for it. Those gaskets are available everywhere for around $100.00.

on average the gaskets use to be about $80.00 to $130.00 plus shipping. you can expect to pay $130.00-$170.00 plus shipping or including shipping depending on where you go now if you do find one being that there are supply and demand issues.

looks like its either pay the piper or wait it out until production kicks back in.

looks like rick has what you need for around $110.00ish plus shipping.....plus you may need to purchase a lock strip which I think is about $20.00

BUT I do believe rick offers FABO member discounts so you might be able to save a few bucks!

here is a link.....and I don't see any highlights saying he is out of stock so you may be in luck! http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=2096&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1973

I talked to someone at Steele Products. The scuttlebutt is the company didn't go out of business apparently it is a problem with the machinery that makes the gaskets.

I was up at National Moparts up here in Ontario,Canada 3 weeks ago.They had 2 in stock,once they,re gone there could be up to a 1 year wait for these to be re-produced.If you do find one you better jump on it.These will skyrocket in price over the summer.Good luck.

I was very lucky, placed an order for the rear glass weatherstrip on a 68 Barracuda notchback from Year One, the item arrived three weeks later.

from what I hered the company was bringing the dyes and machines BACK to america to start producing them here, well somthing fell through so they had to send evreything back to japan or china were they were, but when they got them back the warehouse they were using wants more money to start production so when they do come back expect to pay more for the gaskets

on average the gaskets use to be about $80.00 to $130.00 plus shipping. you can expect to pay $130.00-$170.00 plus shipping or including shipping depending on where you go now if you do find one being that there are supply and demand issues.

looks like its either pay the piper or wait it out until production kicks back in.

looks like rick has what you need for around $110.00ish plus shipping.....plus you may need to purchase a lock strip which I think is about $20.00

BUT I do believe rick offers FABO member discounts so you might be able to save a few bucks!

here is a link.....and I don't see any highlights saying he is out of stock so you may be in luck! http://www.laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=2096&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1973

I ran across this today and Thanks to this comment I found a windshield Gasket for my 71 Demon!! The guy came back on the phone and told me to go buy a Lotto ticket because he was shocked he had one. Thanks you guys very much. I will try to save the one I have in there as it is in pretty good shape and maybe I might be able to help someone out. I was pretty worried I would not find one!! Thanks again

-
Back