Windshield install in Las Vegas, Nv. ??

-

44067gtdart

Reaction score
I need a windshield installed in a 1969 Plymouth Roadunner. I already have the new windshield and seal. I tried it myself, but there is no way I can do it. Cannot seem to find anyone who wants to do it. Any help is appreciated, Thank you.

Make sure they use the correct thickness butyl tape. I've had two urethane "disasters" with my GM product. Glass too low, trim loose and flapping as a result, oozing urethane into interior, sloppy work, etc. Most modern glass chain shops will be confused by an older vehicle. Make sure to do your research!

His Roadrunner uses a gasket instead of butyl tape, so that shouldn't be a worry. Finding a glass man old enough to know how to rope a windshield in that uses a gasket is the hard part. Most that know how are retired....lol.

Try Team Acme 680 Professional Ave Henderson Nevada
702-566-8326
OR
Fast Glass 6255 S Sandhill LV
702-456-5774
I too want to replace my windshield and looked these up under Classic Car Glass.
Let me know if any pan out.

They are not roped in like old school. The rubber is installed in the car. Then, Set the base of the glass in the bottom of the rubber . Then work around the glass using thinned, rounded wooden paint sticks and dawn dish liquid. I recently installed one myself . Do it in a very warm garage. work up both sides once both top corners are in then work across the top. Watch out for the Skeeters. They like the smell of Dawn

100_0019 (2).JPG

100_0067.JPG

100_0068 (2).JPG

100_0036 (3).JPG

Thanks Steve. Glad you're feeling well enough to respond! :thumbsup:
The OP is working on a 69 Roadrunner and I couldn't remember if the gasket unzips like an A body? I restored a Superbird back in the mid 80's and the guy at the local PPG glass place came and installed my new windshield for free, just to be able to say he put one in a Superbird! He used a small rope inside the car after setting it in the bottom of the opening. Took him about 30 seconds to rope it in and it never leaked a drop!
I've done 2 Dusters, exactly like you described above.

They are not roped in like old school. The rubber is installed in the car. Then, Set the base of the glass in the bottom of the rubber . Then work around the glass using thinned, rounded wooden paint sticks and dawn dish liquid. I recently installed one myself . Do it in a very warm garage. work up both sides once both top corners are in then work across the top. Watch out for the Skeeters. They like the smell of Dawn
There's not much of a "skeeter" problem in Las Vegas...... Yours looks more like a crane fly.

Thanks Steve. Glad you're feeling well enough to respond! :thumbsup:
The OP is working on a 69 Roadrunner and I couldn't remember if the gasket unzips like an A body? I restored a Superbird back in the mid 80's and the guy at the local PPG glass place came and installed my new windshield for free, just to be able to say he put one in a Superbird! He used a small rope inside the car after setting it in the bottom of the opening. Took him about 30 seconds to rope it in and it never leaked a drop!
I've done 2 Dusters, exactly like you described above.
The rope method will ruin the headliner and clips. I never seen it done that way

That's the only time I've ever seen it, and I wouldn't do it that way either. If I live long enough to do my 68 Roadrunner, I'll do it just like the guy did that Charger in the video above. I've done 2 Dusters with the method you described, and done 3 E bodies that are glue in's. Glass work is my 2nd least favorite task on cars...and barely above wiring!

-
Back