Winter time model building thread.

-
It was already cut. I have cut the hood on a 73 Cuda snap kit. I just used a large xacto knife to score the lines and then just kept scraping untill through.
Thanks, I thought about starting that way and finishing with a jewler's saw. I'll experiment with that sometime.

8)Here's one I built I used the body from the Hemi under glass with the interior tub & chassis from AMT's 69 Barracuda. Everything fit together perfect from the two kits the only major modification was I had to cut the hood open, as the Hemi under glass body is molded with the hood closed. Other than taking some time to cut the hood this went together very well. The grill and bumpers came chromed but I painted them with the body to match Petty's car
That's nice work. My local hobby shop has a couple different year models of the Hemi Under Glass car, '66 and I think he has a '67, I'll have to get back over there and look. Haven't seen a '65.

That's nice work. My local hobby shop has a couple different year models of the Hemi Under Glass car, '66 and I think he has a '67, I'll have to get back over there and look. Haven't seen a '65.
Thank you!! This is the '66 as I couldn't find a '65 but it was as close as I could get so I made it work. It was a challenging but fun build, the biggest challenge was finding reference pics and decals for the Petty car. As alot of people know Petty only raced this car for approx 6 months and in that short period of time he had at least 3 different configurations on this car (wheels, lettering, intake system etc.). There aren't too many pics of this car due to the "fatal" crash the ended his drag racing career. I still have to build the Hemi under glass I've just swapped bodies between these 2 kits so Hemi under glass will still look authentic as the newer bodystyle.

Jeff, the weathering on those "junkers" looks awesome. I've thought about thinking of going the route on some of mine, but haven't had the heart. My cars need restored so having the unrestored cars on the shelf is just a reminder. :iconbigg:

As far as yellowing decals, I've always painted a car, laid on the decals, and clear coated everything, giving that layer of protection on the paint and decals.
Thanks, when you restore the Volare I loved to see a picture of it.8)

1967 Plymouth Hemi GTX. Easily restored. Nice winter project. This is the Revell 67 GTX. The body was badly warped, so I ended up weathering it.

100_1542.jpg

:tongue9::tongue9::tongue9::tongue9: Some very nice detailed work here :rock:

I have got to say there are some great builders here at FABO :cheers:

I have a long way to go on my 66 build to try and do it right :-k:-k

I guess I need to invest in a 66 barracuda kit to have the floor pan
I hope I can find one.
Thank all of you for the inspiration :cheers:

Hay FASTBACK340 :happy10: Those /6 engines are hard to find 8)

Look what I got in the mail yesterday Thank you soooo much Burntorange70 =P~
Try and find one of these for sale :read2: I am spoilt rotten :-D
I tried to pay for this great /6 kit but Burntorange70 said no way bud!!
Our great member from California sent this to me :cheers:

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 032.jpg

THIS IS BUDDY MY NEW BUD 034.jpg

Thank you!! This is the '66 as I couldn't find a '65 but it was as close as I could get so I made it work. It was a challenging but fun build, the biggest challenge was finding reference pics and decals for the Petty car. As alot of people know Petty only raced this car for approx 6 months and in that short period of time he had at least 3 different configurations on this car (wheels, lettering, intake system etc.). There aren't too many pics of this car due to the "fatal" crash the ended his drag racing career. I still have to build the Hemi under glass I've just swapped bodies between these 2 kits so Hemi under glass will still look authentic as the newer bodystyle.
Even though you had to use the '66 body, that is a great representation of the "Outlawed". Very cool.8)

1967 Plymouth Hemi GTX. Easily restored. Nice winter project. This is the Revell 67 GTX. The body was badly warped, so I ended up weathering it.
That looks real!! Fantastic weathering work. You'll have to post some "how to" threads to educate us on how to "unrestore" ours. Thanks for the pics.8)

Even though you had to use the '66 body, that is a great representation of the "Outlawed". Very cool.8)
Thank you for the positive feed on this model as it's one of my favourite builds.....
Here's a couple of odd builds that I did several years ago #1 is an old Mercedes gull wing pro-street with a twin supercharged Ford smallblock it was built about 15 years ago. #2 a '32 Ford with a blown hemi built about 7 years ago

HPIM5247.jpg

HPIM5248.jpg

HPIM5249.jpg

That is awesome!
That's Rustall you are using, correct?

Are you aka smallbux from e-Bay?
Hi matthon. Thanks! I've only used Rustall on the Road Warrior model to get the dusty, sandy look. Nope, I'm not smallbux.

Hi matthon. Thanks! I've only used Rustall on the Road Warrior model to get the dusty, sandy look. Nope, I'm not smallbux.
Post more pics! More of the Road Warrior too.
I love this stuff.

75 Plymouth Road Runner. One owner since new. Needs a little bodywork. Runs great!

cats 011.jpg

cats 012.jpg

Thank you for the positive feed on this model as it's one of my favourite builds.....
Here's a couple of odd builds that I did several years ago #1 is an old Mercedes gull wing pro-street with a twin supercharged Ford smallblock it was built about 15 years ago. #2 a '32 Ford with a blown hemi built about 7 years ago
Very cool!!

Yeah, there ancient and are mostly Johans. The green 4 dr 62 Dodge is an old Revell kit, and the red 63 Dodge is a resin kit that is molded from a Johan kit.
I wish they would reissue some of those older kits. Some time back, I read that someone was buying the old Johan molds and was supposed to start reissuing those kits, but I think the deal fell apart. I don't know for sure the old molds still exist.

I wish they would reissue some of those older kits. Some time back, I read that someone was buying the old Johan molds and was supposed to start reissuing those kits, but I think the deal fell apart. I don't know for sure the old molds still exist.
I wish they would too. I still have a stash of Johan kits. Lindberg makes a couple of early B-bodies. 64 Dodge & Plymouth's.

-
Back