Winter time model building thread.

-
Circa 1998. Took a few years (winters) to build.

Top Fuel Model 009.jpg

Top Fuel Model 015.jpg

Top Fuel Model 011.jpg

Top Fuel Model 020.jpg

Top Fuel Model 018.jpg

Top Fuel Model 016.jpg

Top Fuel Model 013.jpg

That thing looks NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you got a few hours into the motor alone :-D

Lets change the mood a little now. Here is a wacky model I built using the old AMT/ Ertl Ghostbuster kit. Turned it into a hearse. The dragon is from an old 1/8 scale chopper kit. There is an skeleton driving it. And it's doing a burn out. Yep, too many paint and glue fumes!!!:toothy10:
Hey dge467 back a couple pages when I posted my A-100 drag truck, I mentioned that I had some models built buy the same guy that designed the drag truck. Well here is 1 of them I own this now but he built it and what a job he did. The lettering and hood mural are HAND painted it shows some of this guys talent.. Again I did not build this one but I do like Hearse's

HPIM5322.jpg

HPIM5323.jpg

HPIM5324.jpg

I am going to get my glasses changed before I get started on my 66 build
There sure is some very fine art and craftsmanship going on here.

Very inspiring to take it to the next level for me, I have never built or seen so much great work.
Thank you for sharing some good info folks

Hey dge467 back a couple pages when I posted my A-100 drag truck, I mentioned that I had some models built buy the same guy that designed the drag truck. Well here is 1 of them I own this now but he built it and what a job he did. The lettering and hood mural are HAND painted it shows some of this guys talent.. Again I did not build this one but I do like Hearse's
That's sweet!! That guy had some awesome talent. I got a weird fascination with hearse's myself. I guess they look neat in a strange way.

Thanks! Its a very modified old amt kit of the richard petty dodge dart "kit car" It turned out pretty good, although I keep seeing things about it I should have done better!!!

I think we all see that in our kits. If you're anything like me, you're your own worst critic.

Scored this from 71dartswinger. Thanks! This thing has flash on every piece. LOL First step was the chassis, block and tires. I will do more today.

DSC00033 (Custom).JPG

What model is this one homecloned? Looks like a 66 something :happy10:
I see you scuffed the tires :cheers:
That is a nize=P~ Build you have going :cheers:

DSC00033%20%28Custom%29.JPG

What model is this one homecloned? Looks like a 66 something :happy10:
I see you scuffed the tires :cheers:
That is a nize=P~ Build you have going :cheers:

Do you mean the blue one in the back mimike? That's the Revelle 67 GTX. Great kit. They tooled it for the Coronet as well.

Do you mean the blue one in the back mimike? That's the Revelle 67 GTX. Great kit. They tooled it for the Coronet as well.
Yes, I never realized how much the front fenders look like a 66 valiant :-D

Ralley's 006.jpg

This is a diorama I built in H.O. scale. I used various model railroading accessories, some stuff scratch built. Something different to build and fun.

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

Picture 044.jpg

-
Back