Winter...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
What a dud. Forecaster are saying we will be in the 50's this weekend. National Weather Service has said no more snow for us, like the couple of dustings we had meant much. Kinda comical hearing folks driving around with studded tires...

2 feet still on the ground here in NY and it has that icy sheen on it. Snowed this AM a little. More coming this weekend. Storm is supposed to start Saturday evening and last all the way through Tuesday.

Not sure where you live since your location says ------ but the last couple weeks here have definitely made up for the uneventful first month or so. It's been pretty cold too. Yesterday was the first day over 30 in weeks.

We got us some winter for sure.

67 here today , 69 tomorrow , which will break a record , then 71 on Saturday , which will also break a record. average high for this time of year here in Colorado springs is 44 degrees

50 inches in 10 days outside of Boston, more on the way this weekend. Want some?

67 here today , 69 tomorrow , which will break a record , then 71 on Saturday , which will also break a record. average high for this time of year here in Colorado springs is 44 degrees

:violent1: 14* below brrrrr...... last night. Almost 20" at my house last Sunday.

I'm fed up already..

2 feet still on the ground here in NY and it has that icy sheen on it. Snowed this AM a little. More coming this weekend. Storm is supposed to start Saturday evening and last all the way through Tuesday.

Not sure where you live since your location says ------ but the last couple weeks here have definitely made up for the uneventful first month or so. It's been pretty cold too. Yesterday was the first day over 30 in weeks.

We got us some winter for sure.

Ford Washington.....about an hour west of Spokane....Normally our yard is not this swampy until the end of March or so.

Well, since it seems like you are missing it a little, here's some pics of genuine winter.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 153
Well, since it seems like you are missing it a little, here's some pics of genuine winter.
Thanks for the photos. I am indeed missing the snow. First winter here, 08, we had a record setting snow storm. The system more or less stalled on top of us, we got dumped on pretty good. Following 2 winters records were also made....for the least a month of snow.
Thanks again...

we have 7 inches on the ground, can't get over soon enough for me

kelo_7day.jpg

Out and about yesterday. Obviously someone didn't care if there was a snow emergency. The snow plows simply buried this car. There is no way a wrecker can back up to it. Probably the worst I have seen, buried car in snow that is.

Attachments

• car stuck in snow bank #1 2015.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 163
  • car stuck in snowbank #2 2015.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 151
32 inches in the past 2 weeks..going to snow this Sunday night til Tuesday..wonderful:D:D

Thanks for the photos. I am indeed missing the snow. First winter here, 08, we had a record setting snow storm. The system more or less stalled on top of us, we got dumped on pretty good. Following 2 winters records were also made....for the least a month of snow.
Thanks again...

You know, it's not too bad. I grew in the NY area, just seems normal to me. It's a pain when you have to deal with it in particular situations but you get through it.

Perfect example, I really can't drive that Mazda at the moment, it's terrible in the snow. I've been driving my wife's Subaru which means I get to take her to the train and pick her up. Just an extra schlep. Everything takes a little longer.

And let's forget bundling up two little kids every time you go out the door. They love putting on big coats and hats and gloves. They are too still young to go out and play all day like I used to so we end up stuck inside for days on end.

Not to mention the constant gray skies, (although it is sunny but frigid today) dirty snow, salt and sand all over the place, sub-zero temps, school cancelled for snow days, etc. You get the picture.

Conversely, I detest muggy weather. I'll take winter any day over pavement melting humidity.

Ha! give me heat and humidity ( rather have low humidity)! will be 60 and pushing 70 here sat. ( ave. high bot now is bout 45). I hope this warm weather will go to ya guys in the N E. but then I don't want to hear whinning if it floors! LOL

we had or 2 nd snow this winter, makes total if 3 in! LOL we do need the moisture and N2 from the snow. still plenty of time for some big ones.

You know, it's not too bad. I grew in the NY area, just seems normal to me. It's a pain when you have to deal with it in particular situations but you get through it.

Perfect example, I really can't drive that Mazda at the moment, it's terrible in the snow. I've been driving my wife's Subaru which means I get to take her to the train and pick her up. Just an extra schlep. Everything takes a little longer.

And let's forget bundling up two little kids every time you go out the door. They love putting on big coats and hats and gloves. They are too still young to go out and play all day like I used to so we end up stuck inside for days on end.

Not to mention the constant gray skies, (although it is sunny but frigid today) dirty snow, salt and sand all over the place, sub-zero temps, school cancelled for snow days, etc. You get the picture.

Conversely, I detest muggy weather. I'll take winter any day over pavement melting humidity.
Grew up in NJ....remember the Nor'easters very well. Spent 15 years or so in Phoenix, will take out "winter" weather over the 2 seasons in Phoenix. I know what you mean about the grey skies...but to me the seasonal weather changes pretty much mimic lifes cycle. Really wish we would be getting snow instead of all the rain we have been getting. Being retired helps, only have to go out and deal with when necessary, not on a daily basis. And no kids are here, so that end is easier as well.

The one thing that is troublesome when we get snow is the roads out our way are often poorly taken care of. We have two ways to town, one of them has 2 short but pretty damn steep hills. A good portion of that way is also near the lake, so the road will often ice over. The other way a good portion of the roads run thru farm land, very little wind breaks. That year we had all the snow the latter route was closed a few times. Of course we were 75% of the way home before we ran into the road blocks. We were coming home this way one cold and windy night, the thermometer was holding steady at 0* and we had a 25 mph wind blowing in the fields. Hit a patch of road that was iced over, and pitched a bit. Nothing like a 40 mph slide. Bought back memories of playing in NJ, the wife was not too scared until I stabbed the e-brake and took what was a slow graceful slide into a somewhat quick spinning donut...:eek:ops:

Thanks again for the pictures...

Damn near 3 feet, in New Hampshire and they're calling for more......... I can handle the snow, the damn cold weather is what kills me!

Now is the beginning of the best part of Winter here in Arizona.....If I could just not have to put up with the Harsh Summers in the Valley of the sun it would be great.

Now is the beginning of the best part of Winter here in Arizona.....If I could just not have to put up with the Harsh Summers in the Valley of the sun it would be great.

Yep, now is the time the smog gets really bad...don't miss that brown cloud one bit. Lived in East Mesa, right at the edge of Snowbird Land. If nothing else the Birds would provide entertainment, seen more than one accident when 2 Birds would be heading for the same parking spot...

Yep, now is the time the smog gets really bad...don't miss that brown cloud one bit. Lived in East Mesa, right at the edge of Snowbird Land. If nothing else the Birds would provide entertainment, seen more than one accident when 2 Birds would be heading for the same parking spot...

Smog not too bad on this side of Valley....Know what you mean about the snowbirds and the parking spaces.Also have to watch for idiots with golf cars.

-
Back