Wiper Blades

-

olddman

Reaction score
Trying to find replacement wiper blades for my 1965 Dart GT. I have 13-inch Anco Anti Lift Red Dot wipers and the rubber blades are falling apart. Have not been able to locate any refills for them. I did find some wiper blade strips that you cut to length and was wondering if anyone has tried using this on their car. Trying to keep the original wipers if possible.

If anyone knows where to find Anco refills, please let me know. Have tried Rock Auto, Napa, AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advance, Ebay, Classic Industries, Year One, and Sumit.

Check classic ind. They have 15" red dot refills that fit perfect on the 15" heads

Trying to find replacement wiper blades for my 1965 Dart GT. I have 13-inch Anco Anti Lift Red Dot wipers and the rubber blades are falling apart. Have not been able to locate any refills for them. I did find some wiper blade strips that you cut to length and was wondering if anyone has tried using this on their car. Trying to keep the original wipers if possible.

If anyone knows where to find Anco refills, please let me know. Have tried Rock Auto, Napa, AutoZone, O'Reilly, Advance, Ebay, Classic Industries, Year One, and Sumit.
I buy the heavy duty 28" blades and pull the rubber from one of those. take the old stainless out of the old blade and insert the new rubber into it, then reinstall onto the arm. 1/3rd the price of classic industries and you can get them local, I've been doing that since they quit making the anco refills even up to my 16" blades on my truck (get 1 32 or 34 and cut it down) I think I bought the last refills that rock auto had 3 years ago. and haven't seen any real anco refills since then

Thanks for the information. Went ahead and order some DIY blade material from Amazon. Will let you know how successful I was in trying to make the replacements with this kit.

Got the DIY wiper blade rubber strips this afternoon. Removed the old blade from the holder, cut new rubber strip to length, and inserted new blade into the holder. Then put everything back together. Turned out to be a very easy job. Learned something new today!

By the way, I did find some replacements, but cost was $55 - $75. People want way too much for parts now.

Thanks again for the help.

Got the DIY wiper blade rubber strips this afternoon. Removed the old blade from the holder, cut new rubber strip to length, and inserted new blade into the holder. Then put everything back together. Turned out to be a very easy job. Learned something new today!

By the way, I did find some replacements, but cost was $55 - $75. People want way too much for parts now.

Thanks again for the help.
We're the strips on Amazon and do you have a link. My RV needs some new rubber and 50 to 60 bucks per blade is ridiculous

The high cost of the blades is probably because they survivor blades folks happen to have stashed away years ago. Now they want to sell them for as much as they can get.

As for the blades, just go to Amazon and type in windshield wiper blade refills in the search box. You will get a long list of different types of kits. I bought cueclue brand but have no idea how they will work. Kind of like buying a pig in a poke! May spray some water on the windshield today and turn the wipers on to see how they work.

Cost me $10.49 for four strips of blade material. Figure it cost me less than a dollar per blade.

The high cost of the blades is probably because they survivor blades folks happen to have stashed away years ago. Now they want to sell them for as much as they can get.

As for the blades, just go to Amazon and type in windshield wiper blade refills in the search box. You will get a long list of different types of kits. I bought cueclue brand but have no idea how they will work. Kind of like buying a pig in a poke! May spray some water on the windshield today and turn the wipers on to see how they work.

Cost me $10.49 for four strips of blade material. Figure it cost me less than a dollar per blade.
thanks I went for the heavier types for my RV 19.48 per 2 strips but much better than 60 (I have 2 walmart 28" I can strip for my 13" dart one still got me a BOGO last year at Napa)

-
Back