Wiper Motor Linkage Bushings (Nylon)

-

Dodge74

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get some wiper motor linkage bushings for my '74 Dodge Dart? I know Year One sells them for about 8 bucks, but they charge double that for shipping. All I need is one, but if anyone has any they are willing to sell me, or knows where I can get some for a decent price, please let me know. Is it worth going to a junkyard and taking it off, or will they be too brittle?

Thanks,

...............................PETE................................

O'reillys/Autozone can get 'em if not stock 'em in the Dorman "Help!" brand.

YEP!!! Oreillys had them............

Thanks for all the help................................. PETE ...................................

Dodge dealer has both sizes ( 1 has a larger hole than the other 3 ) ask for them for a 1993 dodge dakota as the won't have a listing that old. don't remember the price but it was in line with other suppliers

Brian

Dodge dealer has both sizes ( 1 has a larger hole than the other 3 ) ask for them for a 1993 dodge dakota as the won't have a listing that old. don't remember the price but it was in line with other suppliers

Brian

They make different sizes ? I didn't know that I got my bushings from a dealer and they pop on and stay on for a little while then the arm pops off the pivots ! ( this is the arm that goes over to the passenger side ) have to check size ! This is on a 73 swinger

They make different sizes ? I didn't know that I got my bushings from a dealer and they pop on and stay on for a little while then the arm pops off the pivots ! ( this is the arm that goes over to the passenger side ) have to check size ! This is on a 73 swinger

I have not seen different sizes. The key to keeping them on is to take a tiny drill bit and put a tiny hole in the center so it doesn't create an air pocket to keep it from seating.

At least that's what I did after mine popped off once.

I wont replace 1 bushing. I mark the linkage with crayon so I know what goes where then pull all the linkage and on to the workbench to replace all of them.

Not sure if there are different sizes or not, but dad n I had problems with his bushings for 67 cuda. On his there was a wavy/spring washer missing...got it installed and had to tweak it a bit, but works good now.

I have not seen different sizes. The key to keeping them on is to take a tiny drill bit and put a tiny hole in the center so it doesn't create an air pocket to keep it from seating.

At least that's what I did after mine popped off once.

Exactly.
Makes it WAY easier to get them on and stay on.
I used and exacto knife and just put a small slit to let the air out.
Greased them and they snapped right on there and stayed.

Not sure if there are different sizes or not, but dad n I had problems with his bushings for 67 cuda. On his there was a wavy/spring washer missing...got it installed and had to tweak it a bit, but works good now.

The ones with the spring washer are a little different than some of the others.
On my 73 Swinger they were all the same size there were no other pieces at all other than the plastic cups in the arms.

-
Back