Wiper motor restoration

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I saw an old thread on fbbo about Ted's mopar wiper motor restoration while looking around for info on wiper motor restorers. Looked like he had good prices although don't know if they are current. Has anyone used him or used anyone else recently that was good and reasonable? I know those are almost contradictory terms! Thanks.

I saw an old thread on fbbo about Ted's mopar wiper motor restoration while looking around for info on wiper motor restorers. Looked like he had good prices although don't know if they are current. Has anyone used him or used anyone else recently that was good and reasonable? I know those are almost contradictory terms! Thanks.

Headlightmotorman.com

If it's not in too bad of shape, you may want to do it yourself. I took mine apart for a cleaning and lube. There's not much to them and you can find the maintenance steps in the service manual.

Did my 2 speed myself. It was painted multiple colors.

Disassembled completely by removing all rivets and such. Soaked in evaporust and cleaned to bare metal and ceramic. Inspected, painted the shell and re-assembled with new grease using the factory style semi hollow rivets. If you have the correct rivet clencher it is pretty straight forward. My original was in decent shape mechanically and electrically and just needed to have all the old paint and overspray stripped and refinished.

image.jpeg

-
Back