Wiper switch already cost me 2 days

-

Robchally

Reaction score
Already took me two days, simply don't understand. Couldn't find my answers over here.
I have a wiper switch 2864413. This one doesn't pair with my connector in the car, 73 dart. Look at the picture for my connector.

At the connector I have:
Dark green
Dark bleu
Brown
Pink
Red
Brown/white

At the switch I have in very small castings:
A
B
H
P2
P1
P1

The switch seems to miss some internal parts. I can only connect A to p1 in positionspeed 1 and H to p1 for positionspeed 2. Push for washer doesn't work. I'll fix that with an additional switch in the dash.
I want to connect the switch through some cable-shoes and wires to the connector shown. But there's four wires to the wiper motor. I'm blind now!

Guys and girls: How to connect the connector to the switch?

Thanks!!

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1926[1].JPG

Last edited:
Usually that means the wrong switch for the wiring harness/connector. Do you have a factory wiring diagram?

2 speed switch Chrysler catalog part number is 3488839 with same number stamped on switch. 3 speed Chrysler catalog part number is 3621670 with number 3438764 stamped on switch.

3 speed wiper switch part number 3488764 - 72/75 A Body

The ONLY thing I can suggest is to go over to MyMopar and download a shop manual for your year, and maybe one or two newer/ older, and read the section 8 stuff on wipers. I HATE them.

Switches as mentioned above^^ need to be specific to 2/3 speed and may be different over the years. you can also download "some" parts manuals over at MyMopar which might give you parts numbers to search.

-
Back