Wiper wiring 3-speed '74 dart sport ?

-
Have seen many 3431905 wiper motors and they all have 5 wires exiting the motor. 3 that are spliced into the red, green and brown wires coming form the harness and the other 2 which are soldered to a terminal on the switch plate.

Have seen many 3431905 wiper motors and they all have 5 wires exiting the motor. 3 that are spliced into the red, green and brown wires coming form the harness and the other 2 which are soldered to a terminal on the switch plate.
OK, my bad ! 2 are still soldered on the switch plate, I have to follow the tests for continuity and look at the inside of the plate , I'll determine what I can and go from there - thx for sticking with me, I'm decent with wiring - not familiar with system and no colors, on top of that someone's got to it before me and moved and twisted mixed colors together as temp connections - I'll be back

Since you seem to know these, wish you'd consider doing a write-up on them

Since you seem to know these, wish you'd consider doing a write-up on them
I will keep updates as I work through this process, honestly - I've been building & working on Mopars since 13yrs old, my friends ( 2 brothers )Dad had a shop and he was ALL MOPAR , I learned right -early, He was tough , do it right or why bother ! I have never had any problems with wipers ? 50+ yrs now, so @ 63-1/2 I'm willing to dive in - HA ! I'm not really a writer, but I've done my share of wiring - won't shy away from a little work - apparently, if things go well I can help someone else, and that's how it works !

Still with it, owner had something sidetrack the Dart - should know more soon !

mymopar.com has downloadable wiring diagrams, though that isn’t going to help you with bare wires.
On my 68 (might not be the same, yet a good chance) red, brown, & green from terminals E,F, G, connect directly to motor, blue (H) goes through the “park” switch under the motor cover.
Drawing is switch, through the firewall, to the motor.

View attachment 1716097491
Thank you for this! helped immensely in my 74' duster re-wire project. Switch was a bit different layout but having the terminal names to wire color was magic!!

Thank you for this! helped immensely in my 74' duster re-wire project. Switch was a bit different layout but having the terminal names to wire color was magic!!
That's great , I had to get off the '74 Dart Sport temporarily - it's a good friend that has little patience, he wanted dash rewire and everything working on 50yrs old butchered / mismatched items - that takes time, I had him take it down to get the paint done so I could sift thru wiring, he bought another dash harness , which is similar (not a match) making it worse - over the next couple months I plan to lay out all the pieces and dive back in ! I'm not done here by any stretch - wanted to drop a note for everyone helping - Happy & Safe Holidays - next year , a new journey ✌

Glad it helped somebody, I've picked up so much info from people here that I sometimes feel guilty that I can't offer a lot more.

-
Back