wiring harnes

-

Dave Goetz

Reaction score
Can any one recomend someone that builds a wiring harnes for my 1968 barracuda from the fire wall out?

Buy the year one harness. It's within $20 I think of Evans price. The little extra is well worth not having the issues that a lot of Evans harnesses have

Stay away from that junk that Evans sells. My engine and wiper harness I bought from them had 6 bad crimps in the damn thing. Pure junk. Just a few months ago a good friend was having issues with his road runner. I remembered he also had an evans harness. Told him to look for bad crimps. Sure enough he found a couple. He ordered a tear one harness and all is good.

Have another friend that has a dart. Same issues as mine did. Would just shut off out of nowhere. Wiggle the wires and it starts. He also has an Evans harness. I told him to check for bad crimps. Not sure if he has yet.

There was a thread or two on moparts where a few guys including myself all had the same issues with that Evans junk too.

Bottom line. Don't risk the problem by saving a few dollars. Buy the slightly more expensive year one harness and be done with it.

-
Back