Witch Master cylinder? HELP!

-

65Cudafix

Reaction score
FABO,

So bought a "project" 1965 Barracuda from a fellow who was switching be brakes from drum to disc, on the front...

Well he has the rotors, proportioning valve, wheel cylinders and all, but no Master Cylinder. So I need a Duel Master Cylinder which they didn't have for a 1965...

My concern is that maybe that the proportioning valve works best with a 'particular' duel Master Cylinder. Can anyone tell me which one goes best with a # 39410 proportioning valve? And maybe where a guy could get one of them?

Let me know if there is any additional information like the disc brake wheel cylinder # (it's 71312) or something.

Thanks.

65Cudafix

"Witch" master cylinder? I'd go with Glenda, the good witch of the North. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I converted my 64 Val to dual circuit and used a 15/16 bore MC run manually. (no need to get crazy here with anything special)
I originally used the 64 push rod and everything seemed to be fine. But then I noticed that the rear drums were getting very hot, even when just cruising and not using the brakes very much. Also there was a lot of rear brake dust being generated. Figured out they were dragging and replaced the push rod with an adjustable (longer) as the front piston in the MC was not retracting enough. (The front is actually for the rear brakes)

I ditched the factory proportioning stuff and just used a Wilwood adjustable in the rear circuit. The front outlet is plumbed directly into a Tee and then to each front brake. But if you like it fixed, thats your option.

-
Back