"With the weight of the vehicle"...Question

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just want to verify if how I did this was ok....

I replaced my leaf springs and when I tightened everything up, I did it with a jack holding the rear of the car up under the differential. I assumed that is the same as the weight of the car on the suspension - yes or no?

Reason I did it that way was it was easier to get to the bolts....or is that not correct?

Thanks - Jeff

Weight is weight. If jack stands were under the suspension and not the frame rail, then you should be OK.

Now, if you had the stands under the frame rail, and jacked up the diff, you may not have had full weight on the suspension.

Please tell me you were not working under it with just a jack.

Weight is weight. If jack stands were under the suspension and not the frame rail, then you should be OK.

Now, if you had the stands under the frame rail, and jacked up the diff, you may not have had full weight on the suspension.

Please tell me you were not working under it with just a jack.

OK....good to hear....

I didn't explain it well, but I put jack stands under the rear end and set the weight on them.
So all the weight was on the rear end. (On jack stands!)

I suppose it's possible with the rear up in the air, there might have been some weight transfer, but I can't imagine there would be a huge difference.

When I did my rear end swap, I did the same thing, jack stands under the diff, if I didn't I'd never get under there to tighten stuff.

-
Back