WIW '66 Barracuda

-

mopardug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found a '66 Barracuda today. Originally 273, auto on the column. Now a 318 that is supposed to be unleaded fuel friendly. Manual brakes and steering. No AC. No idea on miles since we didn't have a key. New fuel tank and pump, and the 2 BBL was rebuilt. Complete car. Looks original. Body looks to be in great shape, as does the interior. She's baby blue over black. I took three pics before my Galaxy crapped out on me, but not sure how to download here. Owner has had her since about '83. He got her off of dad, who was 2nd owner. He's asking $5K. Forgot to mention, but one of the tranny seals is leaking. I don't have the 5K, but don't know if it's a good, bad, or ugly price either.

That's in the ballpark!! Not a great deal, but without pics I'd say not a bad deal either!!

You should be able to just click on the "upload photos" button below and pull them from your photo roll!!

Like cosgig, I'd say it could be a OK deal. Post up some pics...I think there's a "how-to" on pics, not too difficult.

Good to hear the fuel tank has been replaced and the carb rebuilt. Will save you from doing it.

The only rust that I saw was on the front bumper carriage bolt heads.
20170110_152916.jpg
20170110_152857.jpg
20170110_152837.jpg

Looks pretty darn clean from the outside. How's the interior? Did you hear it run? I would recommend crawling under and checking the floor pans, trunk, and frame rails for any rust. If the rest is as clean as it looks in the pictures, 5K is a good buy.

I couldn't hear her run, but I did look under the floor pans and rear trunk/quarter panels on both sides. I didn't see any surface rust even. From what I saw of the exhaust, it wasn't rusty either.

Definitely not a bad or ugly price then!!

Oh, the trans leak could be just the extension housing seal and is a quick remove and replace. Does it seem to be leaking from the area where the driveshaft enters?

I wasn't able to see clearly where it was leaking. If I can't pull the trigger on her, I'll see if I can help one of you guys take her home.

-
Back