WIW: Four Door Bucket Seats

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
What are a pair of bucket seats from a 4 door a-body worth? They're supposed to be in decent condition with tracks, but the backs don't tilt forward for easy rear seat access.
Thanks,
Jon

4 door cars would have no reason for the seats to tilt forward since you have the back door to get into the back seat. Don't know if you could modify them to let them tilt or not.

4 door cars would have no reason for the seats to tilt forward since you have the back door to get into the back seat. Don't know if you could modify them to let them tilt or not.
I was pointing out the difference between two and four door seats to make sure we were all on the same page.
Thanks,
Jon

I found a set of buckets with headrests in a '69 Dart four door - appeared to be original, must have been some weird special order. The seats were the same as two door version, except they had a different attachment in place of the release for the two-door version. My recollection was they could be swapped for two-door use, just need the correct release assembly on the seat frame.

-
Back