Wolf in sheeps clothing

-

65cuda360

Reaction score
What's the highest horsepower pre-magnum mopar smallblock anyone has built that retains totally stock appearance. No visible aftermarket parts, except carb.. No chrome, stock valve covers, stock air cleaner, no non mopar ignition, no headers, no oilpan with big kickout, and no, DC stuff isn't stock. :evil3:

Thats what i want to do for my cuda. I want it stock appearing even gonna use 68 340 hp exhausts on it. Prob stroker 360, with alum heads and intake painted stock 67 red.

Check out F.A.S.T.
I think a guy has a Duster that runs 11s

What's the highest horsepower pre-magnum mopar smallblock anyone has built that retains totally stock appearance. No visible aftermarket parts, except carb.. No chrome, stock valve covers, stock air cleaner, no non mopar ignition, no headers, no oilpan with big kickout, and no, DC stuff isn't stock. :evil3:

Probably a 415+ci "340" that someone built for F.A.S.T. racing. Exotic stuff like roller cam bearings, antifriction coatings, etc.

Personally...I'd go Magnum, dressed with early SB tin. (Early valve covers WILL work.) Didn't MP/DC offer high-flow iron Magnum heads? Use those, paint them to look stock, run a 360 block stroked to 408, hot (roller) cam, ported MP or Edelbrock intake with the logos ground off, ported 1992-3 Dakota manifolds with stock heat shields, and an 800cfm AFB, an AVS, or a big Thermoquad.

Was originally going to do this w my 416 build. Then opted to go aluminum heads, so that kinda ruined the stock look. Considered painting the heads to match, but decided against that as well.

Probably a 415+ci "340" that someone built for F.A.S.T. racing. Exotic stuff like roller cam bearings, antifriction coatings, etc.

Personally...I'd go Magnum, dressed with early SB tin. (Early valve covers WILL work.) Didn't MP/DC offer high-flow iron Magnum heads? Use those, paint them to look stock, run a 360 block stroked to 408, hot (roller) cam, ported MP or Edelbrock intake with the logos ground off, ported 1992-3 Dakota manifolds with stock heat shields, and an 800cfm AFB, an AVS, or a big Thermoquad.
That fits the bill. Now lets see one on a dyno!

Sure...I'll happily build one for my Dakota.

Now lemme see your check! :D

This with a set of E.Q's / R.H.S heads,with the logo ground off. 0u812 gets 270 cfm on the intake ,with a good cutter/valves & no porting. A machinist I know,got 265 c.f.m.with a 1.97 intake & extensive bowl work. Thought Adam R built a couple of these style engines.

-
Back