Wonder why we get the wrong parts?

-

Badawg

Reaction score
During a crazy day of running around non-stop I remember that I need to stop and order new upper control arm bushings. I stop in at the Advance right down the road from me and the 40 something year old guy behind the counter tells me they cant get them. I tell him that I checked their website and they are there for 31.99 for all 4. Another counter guy hears and walks over. He starts laughing his *** off as he looks at the computer screen. Then he slaps the first guy in the back of the head and says "you dumbass, a Barracuda isnt a chevy, its a ford" I turned and walked out to my car and drove to NAPA.

Not a headache at all. You thought it was funny? The guy at NAPA was in tears from laughing so hard!

LMAO! Parts store people are not allways car people. If they are willing to work for minimum wage they are parts store people. I never go to them with out a part number. Even napa Though they are a little bit better than most.

I get that all the time too, it`s like "Barracuda, who made that , Pontiac?" It doesn`t help that Plymouth is no longer with us. When it comes to help at my local auto store you can`t judge a book by it`s cover. Some of the older guys are as dumb as a hatrack but there is a young girl there that really knows her stuff, so I always try to get her when I go there.

ISome of the older guys are as dumb as a hatrack but there is a young girl there that really knows her stuff, so I always try to get her when I go there.

Thats why i always go to the young chicks working there; for the knowledge! *wink wink*

And I thought all the dumb parts people worked here in Tuscaloosa. Glad to here yall got em too.

i worked for advance for 10 years when they need to cut back they start with the higher paid i now work for oreilly auto parts very good company to work for and yes advance sometimes will hire warm bodys and thats about it

Same thing around here. We only have NAPA, O'Reilley's and Autozone and at each one of them there is only 1 guy who knows what he's doing. The bad thing is our local NAPA has a kid (25 yrs. old) working there that I've known most of his life and his dad's a major Mopar guy owning a 70 Super Bee, 68 and 69 and 72 Roadrunners, and a 69 Dart and I went in to get something for my car awhile back and he didn't know who made the Barracuda. He was like "is that a Dodge?" I guess at least he had the right corporation. Sheesh!!

My mother said once "Why don't you get a job at Advance Auto since you know so much about cars?" I said "Then everyone will think I'm a dumbass!"

There's a certain parts store I stop by and the guy (motorhead) never looks
anything up in the book. If it's not on the computer screen they don't have it. The gal that works there will get a catalog out if something doesn't look right on the computer. You should have seen the guys face when I asked for a Mid 90's starter for my 66 the other day. LOL Mike

Thats why i always go to the young chicks working there; for the knowledge! *wink wink*

Yeah it sounds like the " I buy Playboy for the articles" line but it is true , she`s the best they`ve got. Okay, she is easy on the eyes too.:toothy10:

-
Back