Won't start thru ignition?

-

jimbo

Reaction score
I have a new starter, new battery, new relay, and a new ignition. Ammeter reads BIG dischgarge when I try to crank with the key. Starts when I jump the relay with a screwdriver. What can it be? I recently installed a HEI and bypassed the ballast resistor, but it started fine. Maybe a short???

Either the wire from the key to the starter realy is bad (or the connection at the bulkhead) or the key switch is bad .

check for power at the yellow wire on the starter relay with the key in start position. if power is present, check neutral safety switch. ground it. if that still does not start, i bet it is a bad starter relay.

check for power at the yellow wire on the starter relay with the key in start position. if power is present, check neutral safety switch. ground it. if that still does not start, i bet it is a bad starter relay.

All the componnents have been replaced. The neutral SS wires were scorched by the exhaust manifold as far as i can tell. I will get another harness and try again, thanks for the insight. You guys are awesome!!!

-
Back