Working Hard on the Dart

-

poppopmadman

Reaction score
I have some time now to work on dart
What color should I paint the car? looking for ideas!!

1968Dart 008x.jpg

1968Dart 009x.jpg

1968Dart 010x.jpg

1968Dart 012x.jpg

Are you open to all colors or mopar only colors. This is the color I like, with black vinyl top and flat black rear strip and flat blackout hood treatment!

Chevelle_Is_Here.jpg

prowler orange with black vinyl roof (or not) and black bumblebee stripe

Candy Apple Red is nice - but you have to make sure nobody scrathes it - hard to blend on repaint -

I will post more pics soon!

Tanks for all the comments...

Bill

I was thinking blue due to your engine block and k frame being blue. Candy apple would look real nice .

White with big moon eye's and racing stickers on it.
Then do some of the blue you have under it on a stripe around the trunk

There is something about a white race car that looks neat to me.

I don,t see anything wrong with the colour under the hood with some white stripes,Hockey stick with callouts??

Nice Dart !!!!

boy is it hung low on the front.... watch those speed bumps.

-RPM

My dart is competion orange with the gloss black hood and the black bee stripe,i would send a pic but for some reason they wont load....aw there it isside view trailer.JPG

side view trailer.JPG

I'm a little bias but... how 'bout a sharp Pearl White? I think it would set that power plant up just right.

I'm with 68383GTS suggestion too, gloss black with the flat black rear stripe looks hot. Have only seen it on one other car and man it was incredible!

What color is your interior? B5 looks awesome with a white interior. This dart is owned by the fellow I bought mine from. B5 blue with a white interior and white stripe. 500+ cubic inch hemi ...... sweet looking combination. I'm going with R4 red with a black interior and stripe.

IMG_0039.jpg

Very nice! On my '72 I'd like to go straight black but my body working skills won't allow it. I had a 2001 dodge ram 1500 off roadster that was a magnificent dark blue that looked black at night and blue with a touch of sparkle during the day. The duster will be that color. I still need to get that color code.

If the body was laser straight I would say BLACK too, (there`s nothing that compares) but I really like the QQ1 blue from `68 on a Dart. Looks like you`ve been busy on that one. I can picture it painted and it should be one bad apple!

-
Back