Working on old Plymouth more fun than day job

-

g413

Reaction score
I'm 64-1/2 and probably need to work until 66 for a better retirement. But the stress of my engineering job makes working until 65 seem very possible, even with a reduced monthly income. This afternoon I worked on the old 67 Fish and found it very relaxing and theraputic. I needed that -- and probably many of you guys feel the same way. It's even an ADDED BONUS when you bolt things up, turn it on, and there are no leaks.

If it ain't more fun than your day job, you have too good of a day job. lol

Turning 63 Nov. 10th. Headin to the Social Security Office at 1:00. Been working since I turned 10, passing papers and cutting lawns, have had 2 jobs pretty much ever since. Currently own a small hometown printing business along with my wife and drive truck 3 to 4 days a week. Its making an OLDER man out of me so its time to sign my half of the business over to the wife, quit climbing in and out and up and down of the Western Star flatbed and spend MUCH MORE TIME finishing my garage and working on my 5 A-Bodies and 56 F-100. Will still put some time in running the offset jobs and doing the bindery stuff at the shop, but that, building the garage and making progress on my antique vehicles is FAR more satisfying than shiftin gears and pulling on ratchet binders!!!

Turning 65 next Feb. and buying my '67 Dart is the best thing I've done for myself in a long time! Spent Labor day week putting a 3.55 SG 8 1/4 in (housing and all), changing the leafs to new ones, and replacing the fuel sending unit. The 2.45 (!) open diff. wasn't doing my 383 justice. Better than any therapy sessions or jobs I've ever had. Still working in a Nuke Plant after 33+ years and can use all the therapy I can get!

-
Back