World Footbrake Challenge Bristol

-

75 Duster 360

Reaction score
The World Footbrake Challenge VII at Bristol Dragway begins 2 weeks from today. Are there any members that plan on attending? I have been to the WFC 3 times previously as a spectator only, but I will be racing my '75 Duster there this time. My car number is 7X5X. See you there.

They are expecting 400-500 cars at this event. It will be televised live on the internet. It will be broadcast by MotorMania TV. The link will be on Drag Race Results.com. Many good Mopar footbrakers will be there such as Scott Macy, Steve Foley, Seth Phillips, Chris Moren, Ernie Humes and more. The event begins on Thursday, July 11th with time runs and a Gambler's race. Then there will be 3 $10,000 to win races on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Check it out online if you can't be there in person.

There are already 354 drivers entered in the WFC VII. Some of the other Mopar drivers entered in the race are Dave Harvey Jr., Michael Beard, Tim Bowman, Nick Bowman, David Smith Jr., David Stebner, Kevin Locklear, Jamie Southards and Robert Ellison. Check out Nick Bowman's in car videos on You Tube under the name of REDorDEADmoparX. He runs both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile races in his '70 Duster. Type in Fall Footbrake Frenzy or World Footbrake Challenge. Lisa at Bracket Race Central also has tons of Bracket Racing videos on You Tube also.

Love to but my junks still sitting around as I have too many other projects to finish. It's a great event and I'm sure Steve and the crew will make everyone that enters feel right at home.

I see that the links that I posted to the flyers for the WFC have been deleted. It it against the FABO rules to post the links to events? If so, my bad.

Bummer...I already have family plans that weekend. Maybe next year I can hit that race, sounds like fun. :toothy10:

Only 5 more days until the WFC 7 begins. Still time to make plans to be there. The pre-entry list is up to 375 from 23 states. Remember to watch it on Motor Mania TV if you can't be there.

yes 75 duster 360 i will be there starting Thursday for the gamblers race. if you get a chance stop by i`ll be running a 65 dodge dart light blue with centerline wheels. Bradley Doss

Live feed if anyone wants to watch.

http://motormaniatv.com/?page_id=529

Lots of wicked lights and close racing. :toothy10:
Thanks for reminding me why I quit bracket racing.LOL I used to win rounds and enjoy it but as I get older I realize why I got out. Saw Dan Smith and Bowman as well as a few guys I know going rounds Friday but been too busy in the shop today to check it out.

I made it to the WFC. I didn't do very well. I had a couple of -.001 red lights and my opponents had a couple of .001 green lights against m. I only won 4 rounds total in 3 races. I met FABO member Bradley Doss from PA there and he won many rounds. Nice meeting you Bradley. I drove my Duster the 300+ mile round trip from Winston-Salem, NC. I heard a roaring noise from my rear end on the return trip and when I got home I found that my rear U-joint was about to fall out. The needle bearings were turned to dust 2 of the end caps. I had replaced it only 2 years ago. At least it didn't totally break at the dragstrip or on the highway. I hope to race at Piedmont Dragway near Greensboro, NC on Thanksgiving weekend where they are having 2 $5,000 and a $20,000 to win races.

Hey, you just told me the other day that a .001 red was just luck, LOL looks like we may have jinxed it by discussing it!

Thanks for buying all of the engine parts. I ended up needing every cent. You are correct as a .001 can be either green or red Nobody can see .001 or .002 on the tree. You just hope that it falls your way. Maybe better luck next time.

75duster360 good to meet u too. that is a good race. didn`t do anything first two days. changed some jets a few weeks back and after friday decided to go back to what i had in it before and it turned things around. just proof u should not mess with a good thing. did manage to get back most of my entry fees so that`s a good thing. I planning on trying to make it to peidmont for thanksgiving race maybe we can hook up again. the dart`s not the fastest but it can be deadly consistant if driver leaves it alone.LOL. it ran between 7.76-7.82 in 18 runs down the track. Bradley

I ran my Duster with the secondaries disconnected on Friday and it was running 9.12-9.15. I couldn't hit the tree very well. I had a .042, .051 and a .068 reaction times. I connected my secondaries for Saturday and I guessed my ET to be an 8.68. On my time run I was .007 and went 8.697. I then spun first round and was -.001 red and went an 8.74. My tires are old. I should have kept running it on the 2 barrells only. I will have new tires on it by November. I took some photos of your Dart and I will put them on a CDR disc for you.

-
Back