worth the $$$ difference

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Will be needing to order axles and a center section for my car soon. Is Mark Williams worth the substantial price difference between themselves and Strange? 9" center section from M/W was quoted damn near $2500, a touch over $1500 from Strange. Axles from M/W were $703, from Strange $439.20.

It make you wonder sometimes about pricing.

I purchased my axles from Dutchman in Oregon. Not because I think they are any better than anyone else but mainly to save on shipping costs being I am in Washington. They were very reasonably priced. If I remember right it was right at or less than the Strange prices you show here. I purchased them custom length with long "thread in" studs and bearing installed.

Chuck

I bought a shortened front inner axle for my jeep from Dutchman, never had any issues. I think that is where I got the shortened one for my 59 Suburban also.

If I could find a junk set of axles to with the big ford bearing and a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern that would be great, I just need them to roll the car around until I get a good set of axles.

Its a ferd 9 inch so there should be a ton of those around:profilel:

Which model of Strange axles are you looking at ?

I have heard about and seen one (friends car) was Strange axles twisting splines and the company saying that is common and they will only warranty broken axles.

All axles twist with enough HP, that's why you paint a line down them, and toss them at 90 degree twist.

That a nice axle should work well for what you will be doing, the ones my friend was using was the Pro Race axles which are a softer metal.

As stated Moser Engineering has some quality pieces at a great price.

-
Back